Probe cancellation does not move the axes.

More
21 Sep 2024 16:08 - 21 Sep 2024 16:09 #310555 by Ismacr63
Hi, in probe basic when the 3d probe can't finish or I cancel it, the axes don't move until I bring the machine home.
Is there a way to not have to do homing so that the axes keep moving? 
Last edit: 21 Sep 2024 16:09 by Ismacr63.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2024 04:28 #310808 by Lcvette
Are you changing back to manual mode to enable jogging? When it doesnt complete a subroutine it will be in auto mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ismacr63

More
26 Sep 2024 17:40 #310845 by spumco

Are you changing back to manual mode to enable jogging? When it doesnt complete a subroutine it will be in auto mode.

Maybe not Probe Basic specific... but is there a way to force manual mode via the 'on_abort' process?  So if any of the subroutines (probe, ATC, etc.) fails the machine jumps to manual mode.

If there is a way, that might be a nice-to-have addition to the PB config(s)... don't leave the machine hanging in an aborted auto mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ismacr63, Unlogic

More
26 Sep 2024 19:27 #310850 by Ismacr63

jog mode is activated.
Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2024 20:13 #310852 by spumco

jog mode is activated.

"JOG" is not a mode.  Even if the on-screen jog button is highlighted, LCNC can still be in MDI or Auto mode.

It looks like your screen has been edited to remove the mode indicator-buttons... or you've got a different version.

I've circled the mode buttons in the attached pic.  You can also open halshow, and under 'halui' add the various mode indicators to the watch list to see what mode LCNC is in.

If, after a subroutine is aborted, LCNC is in Auto mode, you won't be able to jog regardless if the GUI's 'jog' button appears active.

Attachments:

More
26 Sep 2024 20:38 #310854 by Ismacr63
I don't know why those modes aren't shown in my version. I just downloaded it, followed the installation instructions and it looked like this. 

How can I add them?

More
26 Sep 2024 21:11 #310857 by Unlogic

Maybe not Probe Basic specific... but is there a way to force manual mode via the 'on_abort' process?  So if any of the subroutines (probe, ATC, etc.) fails the machine jumps to manual mode.

If there is a way, that might be a nice-to-have addition to the PB config(s)... don't leave the machine hanging in an aborted auto mode.

That would be a great addition to Probe Basic.

More
26 Sep 2024 23:28 #310861 by spumco

I don't know why those modes aren't shown in my version. I just downloaded it, followed the installation instructions and it looked like this. 

How can I add them?

Sounds like something got messed up in your PB installation.

What Linux distribution are you using, and what version of LCNC?  This might have a bearing - I've had problems in the past with certain combinations/versions of Debian/LCNC/qtpyvcp/PB.  Seems like frequently some dependency or other invisible 'backstage' issue led to weird problems with PB.

I know it'll be a bit painful, but my suggestion is to make a copy of your config and then uninstall and reinstall PB using the instructions here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp/53871-probe-b...on-start-here#310377

More
26 Sep 2024 23:32 #310862 by spumco
That would be a great addition to Probe Basic.

I'm not sure it can be done - but I'm no expert.

My initial thought is that the on_abort subroutine is run while LCNC is in auto mode... so there's no way for a program to switch to manual (or MDI) mode.

I'll dig around a little and open a new thread - the issue (or solution) may not be specific to PB.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds