qtdragon pins?

More
14 Jun 2020 09:24 #171586 by seebaer1976
qtdragon pins? was created by seebaer1976
hi all,

is there a list of pins (pin names) for qtdragon that can be assigned manually?

mfg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2020 16:01 #171614 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic qtdragon pins?
If you are referring to HAL pins then go to SETTINGS page, click HAL SHOW -> pins -> qtdragon. These pins are connected in the qtdragon_postgui.hal file.

More
14 Jun 2020 16:35 #171619 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtdragon pins?
I'll see about adding them to the docs.

Chris

More
14 Jun 2020 21:41 #171647 by cmorley
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, ikkuh, seebaer1976

More
15 Jun 2020 18:31 #171761 by seebaer1976
Replied by seebaer1976 on topic qtdragon pins?

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gui/qtdragon.html#_hal_pins

Hi all, many thanks for your help and the great work done!
I am relieved to have selected the right pins from qtdragon.ui.

There is but one problem left: spindle does not show the actual value for RPM, the other ones are working fine (Huanyang VFD (hy_vfd) connected per modbus).

mfg

More
16 Jun 2020 01:23 #171799 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtdragon pins?
have you connected spindle.0.speed-in to anything?

More
16 Jun 2020 19:37 - 04 Jul 2020 12:41 #171868 by seebaer1976
Replied by seebaer1976 on topic qtdragon pins?

have you connected spindle.0.speed-in to anything?

oops I forgot

Thanks for your help

mfg
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 12:41 by seebaer1976.

More
18 Oct 2021 14:06 #223454 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic qtdragon pins?
Is there a reason why similar pins have different names in qtDragon and for example Axis?

Even between qtDragon and qtDragon_hd same pins are named different. This makes it unnecessary difficult to change between screens during testing (I switch a lot  between qtDragon and the HD version, the functionality is different between the two).

And sometimes it is almost impossible to get something to work. How do I use the power indicator in the VFD box to the right?
And are the some led's in the switches so I can see on screen what direction the spindle is turning?

Attachments:

More
18 Oct 2021 16:12 #223471 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic qtdragon pins?
The POWER label is a progressBar and it's value is calculated in the handler file by multiplying AMPS and VOLTS values read from the VFD. In a simulation, it will never be used. I did it this way because reading the power register from the VFD always returned 0 for some reason - something to do with the VFD which I have no interest in persuing.
As for spindle direction buttons, if you want indicators, select the button, check indicator_option, check indicator_status_option, check is_spindle_rev_status.  The normal and HD versions should each have their own hal files so switching back and forth should not be a problem.

More
18 Oct 2021 16:25 #223475 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic qtdragon pins?
first of all, thank you very much for this very nice gui. I use it on a 23" touchscreen and it looks really good.
Hopefully the remaped m6 toolchange will start to function soon too.
Thanks for making LinuxCNC a lot more professional.

The POWER label is a progressBar and it's value is calculated in the handler file by multiplying AMPS and VOLTS values read from the VFD. In a simulation, it will never be used. I did it this way because reading the power register from the VFD always returned 0 for some reason - something to do with the VFD which I have no interest in persuing.

OK, makes sense. I will add the voltage from my VFD to the hal file. Will be nice to see the powerbar move.

As for spindle direction buttons, if you want indicators, select the button, check indicator_option, check indicator_status_option, check is_spindle_rev_status. 

Ok, will do that in Designer.

The normal and HD versions should each have their own hal files so switching back and forth should not be a problem.

But that is kinda my point, they should not have different hal files. A lot of the pins are already available and can be reused.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds