Any OPENGL wizards?

More
06 Jul 2021 23:06 - 06 Jul 2021 23:07 #213912 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
Did you try to use PhillC's script for installing QtVCP?
It just works on Mint19.3, before this i could make it work only once and never again, that same "no module named " it was very annoying, at one point i had 6 different versions of python on one PC ! :)
Still did not work ...
Edit: Forgot the link:
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/38414-installing-qtvcp
Last edit: 06 Jul 2021 23:07 by tommylight. Reason: link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 00:19 #213922 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
I don't think I want to run that as it will install a bunch of stuff that I spent 6 hours compiling. I have used it for x86 and amd64 machines, but not for the pi4.

More
07 Jul 2021 00:25 #213923 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
Sorry Pers, but i can not recall what i did then (over a year ago) but it did involve editing a file somewhere.
Either way, i am getting angry at Python devs for making such drastic changes from a release to another, yet it is such a powerful tool that without it not much would work properly, especially on the intrernets.

More
07 Jul 2021 01:54 #213928 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Any OPENGL wizards?

So finally got around to this again. I managed to compile and install Qt5 and PyQt5 along with linuxcnc on a rpi4/4G. I ran update-alternatives to make the 'python' command use python3.7. However, when starting linuxcnc, it complains:
ImportError: No module named PyQt5

In an interactive session using python3.7, the command 'from Pyqt5 import QtWidgets' causes no error.
In an interactive session using python2.7, the command 'from Pyqt5 import QtWidgets' causes the error.
This leads me to believe that qtvcp is using python2.7 regardless of the system default.
Any help appreciated.
Jim

I think when compiling master for python3 you need:
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --with-python=python3 --with-boost-python=boost_python3-py37

More
09 Jul 2021 11:29 #214076 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
There might be an argument for running the master-gtk3 branch, too.

More
11 Jul 2021 17:03 #214288 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Any OPENGL wizards?

So finally got around to this again. I managed to compile and install Qt5 and PyQt5 along with linuxcnc on a rpi4/4G. I ran update-alternatives to make the 'python' command use python3.7. However, when starting linuxcnc, it complains:
ImportError: No module named PyQt5

In an interactive session using python3.7, the command 'from Pyqt5 import QtWidgets' causes no error.
In an interactive session using python2.7, the command 'from Pyqt5 import QtWidgets' causes the error.
This leads me to believe that qtvcp is using python2.7 regardless of the system default.
Any help appreciated.
Jim

Yeah, that is what I also observed, even with the py3 branch, I would still get the error coming from the python2.7 library , where as axis was most definitely running python3 as I had to fix stuff in my usercommand file to be python3 compatible  

More
14 Jul 2021 01:10 #214660 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
I got that business fixed by recompiling pyqt5 and sip for python2.7 but now it complains something like pyqt5 module not registering with the sip module. I read something about using hidden imports but I don't know what that is and no explanation was given. I'm getting pretty close to giving up on the pi and just using a fanless core i3 minicomputer. There's still the problem of no USB when using the rt kernel.

More
20 Sep 2021 23:59 #221235 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Any OPENGL wizards?
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/1220
according to his last post, he built 5.15 from source and gcodegraphics is working
so raspbian 5.12 repos are just old n busted ?

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds