QTDragon Slider Bar

More
13 Nov 2020 02:43 #189175 by tacklem60
I have recently done a fairly large (to me) upgrade of my LinuxCNC. After running Gmoccapy and an extremely old version of Ubuntu 32bit and LinuxCNC 2.7, i decided to upgrade to the new official release of LinuxCNC 2.8, Debian Buster 10 (RTAI version because I wasn't happy with latency in the official kernel but so far I havent had any crashes) and FINALLY decided to transition to QTDragon.

I absolutely love the GUI and its PathPilot-ish look. It took some work getting my HAL setup to work but everything seems to be functioning perfectly now. I have my machine setup for imperial units so I used QTDesigner and made the few graphical changes in all of the places I found MM to now read IN, however, I have one hiccup that i can't seem to fix and I was looking for some help.

The vertical slider bar on the right hand side of the main screen that adjusts the continuous jog rate is stuck at using a 0-3600 range. My current maximum jograte of the machine is 250IN/MIN. The slider functions correctly and I have tried using QTDesigner to sett the Min to 0 and Max to 250 for that slider, however, it has made no difference and it still allows me to scroll all the way to 3600. Obviously any value over 250 has no effect and just caps the jog speed to 250ipm, but being able to graphically go up to 3600 means that the entire usable range of my speed is relegated to the bottom about 1/12 of the slider bar so trying to adjust it with a touchscreen proves almost impossible.

The numerical display of current jograte above the slider responds correctly to the slider, but again it goes all the way to 3600. I am not sure how to limit that range considering that the QTDesigner adjustment seems to have absolutely no effect. The maximum value was originally set to 3600 so I assumed lowering that to 250 would have been the answer and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to what I am doing wrong.

Thank you again and an awesome job on the GUI from the developer and the community!

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2020 04:28 #189177 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Hey Joe

I'm glad you are enjoying Jim's creation QtDragon !

QtDragon should follow the INI settings: DEFAULT_LINEAR_JOG_VEL
It ends up you have found a bug in the code and I'm working on a fix.

Chris

More
13 Nov 2020 06:49 #189180 by cmorley
Ok I think I got this fixed.
If you are using an installed version you will have to wait for an update.

Chris

More
13 Nov 2020 07:52 #189186 by tacklem60
Replied by tacklem60 on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
I can't thank you enough for working on that for me and so fast!

To clarify my issue (hopefully it doesn't change your fix that you already pushed), but the program opens with my default linear jog velocity (60ipm in my case) and both the slider bar and the numerical display above that reflect the correct speed. Unfortunately, 60ipm is basically all the way on the bottom of my slider bar and it somehow still has the range allowance all the way to 3600. So if I attempt to move the slider bar at all with my touch screen it basically results in either setting the jog speed to 0 or a number well over the max 250ipm my machine is capable of. Like I said, that isnt a huge application issue as the machine will still only attempt to move at the max linear velocity I have set, it just unfortunately makes it so the slider bar is not very useful and I have to resort to using my mouse to attempt and change the velocity.

More
13 Nov 2020 09:45 #189193 by cmorley
yes the max setting for the jog is always 3600 - qtdragon uses a variable that qtvcp doesn't update.

i also added some code to change the labels for an inch machine.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JohnnyCNC, tacklem60

More
13 Nov 2020 17:15 #189223 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
There is also an error in qtdragon. The slider max was being set to INFO.MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY * 60 when it should be INFO.MAX_LINEAR_JOG_VEL. However, that call to qt_istat.py returns MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY. This is why the slider settings were not changed according to the values set in the INI. Does this sound right to you Chris? I can't verify any fixes because I'm not getting any buildbot updates.
Also, the documentation at linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/qtvcp_libraries.html#_info has no mention of a variable called MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY even though it is in the qt_istat.py module.
Jim

PS - thanks to the OP for pointing this out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tacklem60

More
13 Nov 2020 20:09 #189248 by cmorley
Yes Jim that some of the fixes.
the call to call returned 60 all the time. Now INFO.MAX_LINEAR_JOG_VEL returns the value in the INI of [DISPLAY} MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY
Qt dragon also sets a few max velocities on sliders that don't need to be set - but doesn't cause an error , just redundant.

I also fixed Istat to remove the INFO.MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY that caused the original error.
The maximum the machine can move is held in INFO.MAX_TRAJ_VELOCITY

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tacklem60

More
15 Nov 2020 13:47 - 15 Nov 2020 14:30 #189454 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
I got the update last night and had a quick look. The jog rate slider looks and works good. I do get and error on startup but if I click retry it seems to work fine. I haven't had a chance to look and see if it is something on my end.

This is getting better all the time. Thank You.
John

Edit:
Looks like this is what was being discussed above.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2020 14:30 by JohnnyCNC.

More
15 Nov 2020 21:29 #189480 by cmorley
Sorry I guess I didn't test enough - I pushed a fix for that now.

More
16 Nov 2020 01:30 #189489 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Thanks Chris. I fixed it for the time being. I'm good until the update.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds