QTDragon Slider Bar

More
19 Nov 2020 22:19 #189826 by tacklem60
Replied by tacklem60 on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Im wondering if there is a way for me to get this update if I'm not using one of the distros from BuildBot. I am having amazing latency results and machine performance (under 5k latency) using the Debian 10 Buster RTAI kernel which I don't believe exists in any of the updated repositories that I can find.

There are several updates other than this one that seem to fix some minor issues I'm having (such as the tool table creating a ton of work offsets every time I edit a tool) along with these fixes in this thread and I don't know how to get the updates without messing up my current setup.

This may be getting outside the topic of this thread and worthy of its own as I can't seem to find any information on alternatives to updates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2020 04:35 #189863 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Yes a little off topic - might be helpful for others if you make a new thread.
How did you get linuxcnc in the first place on your system?

More
20 Nov 2020 09:49 #189882 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Chris, sorry to bother you, but could you please have a look at this, it's keeping the buildbot from building for stretch and Buster for ever a month, master only:
<seb_kuzminsky> the commit that introduces the bug is c0a2ae0f4a13 "qtvcp -qtdragon: add offline docs for qtdragon".
Thank you

More
20 Nov 2020 12:04 #189885 by tacklem60
Replied by tacklem60 on topic QTDragon Slider Bar
Chris,

Thank you for responding, I made a new thread in the QTVCP forum that explains how I installed the Debian 10 Buster RTAI kernel and a little more background. I have a feeling that I can't be the only person out there running a "non-mainstream" version of LinuxCNC that wants to still take advantage of community updates. Im hoping there is a way so myself and others can take advantage of the awesome community.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds