Motoman K6SB Retrofit

More
08 Aug 2021 04:36 #217175 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Motoman K6SB Retrofit
Ok, like I said, my controller is one model newer, but they will be pretty close. The encoders plug into the servo amp, but then they connect to the motion control card from the servo amp. Yaskawa is really good when it comes to manual dissemination, the uploaded all their manuals, and digitized some older ones. Yours is CACR-HR
www.yaskawa.com/delegate/getAttachment?c...50e8&TSE-S800-6H.pdf

It describes/defines the different control methods and motor information . The serial comunication looks different to what mechatrolink is, it looks some kind of rs422, its all defined in the manual.

The encoders appear to be similar to mine, which as far as i can tell, output abz differential singals and because their 12 bit absolute encoders, a serial channel.

sudoroom.org/wiki/Giant_robot_arm

github.com/jerkey/yasnac_fakery
This might be relevant to your encoder serial information

Gear ratios, your gears are the same as mine, so ill see what i can do about that,
in the mean time you can cross reference the part numbers in the manual to what ever you can find on google/ebay for information
spaz.org/~jake/robot/02-TOE-C945-111%20-...man%20K6S%20K10S.pdf

I dont know that the controller parameters will yield any useful information or anything relevant to linuxcnc, and many parameters are intentionally left unlabled. it will take some time to dig through parameter manuals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds