How to configure PPMC with EMC2 on 3 axis milling

More
30 Jul 2011 05:58 - 30 Jul 2011 06:00 #12007 by M2sinc
Hello I am Surjit in India setting up a 3 Axis mill with PPMC, New Delta servo Motor, New Delta drive and EMC2. I have checked all the diagnostic by using PPMCdiags Every things seems fine. I started the EMC, Estop off. My Limit switch are closed by a jumper as per Jon adviced. When I press F2 I got a error " Joint 0 following error"
What is the meaning of this error? How to get rid of this? Emc does not pass from this point farward, I dont see X Y Z A screen , it is not highlighted. If It is related to servo than how to fine to servo? can I fine tune servo while I having this error ? I need help, thanks:S
Last edit: 30 Jul 2011 06:00 by M2sinc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2011 08:36 - 30 Jul 2011 08:44 #12023 by cncbasher
i'd guess you need to invert the sense of your inputs , joint follow error is essentialy a tripped limit in most cases , so emc is thinking it's hit a limit switch
also your estop may be working in reverse sense

is emc in estop mode ,

i'm not familar with the ppmc board , so are your input switches operating correctly , the best way is normaly closed contacts with pullups to 5v , this has the added advantage of helping to reduce noise pickup on things such as limit switches and estop .

if you can give some more information , we can see if we can narrow it down further
Last edit: 30 Jul 2011 08:44 by cncbasher.

More
30 Jul 2011 12:14 #12029 by M2sinc
Hello- Thanks for your help

I have made loop to all limit switchs with ST2 Pin 9 to

X minimum digital input 1 ST1-2, X maximum digital input 2 ST1-3 , Y minimum digital input 5 ST1-6 , Y maximum digital input 6 ST1-7, Z minimum digital input 9 ST1-10 , Z maximum digital input 10 ST2-1 , A minimum digital input 12 ST2-3 , A maximum digital input 13 ST2-4

Also I have Estop off by F1 pressing

When I press F2 , error comes "Joint 0 following error" . Each time I press F2 , Motor try to rotate clockwise / counter clock wise each time I press the F2 again it showing me same error "Joint 0 following error. "h F2 Motor does rotate about 30 degree at very high speed and stop with the error. it goes cw and ccw by its on choice

With regards
Surjit Virdi

More
30 Jul 2011 13:14 - 30 Jul 2011 13:14 #12030 by cncbasher
a possibility is you may have the encoder reversed with regard to the motor , so the motor is hunting back and forth , and throwing the joint error
when it goes out of range

make sure the encoder counts the correct way , if you have a motor running reversed , you may also need to reverse the encoder to suit
Last edit: 30 Jul 2011 13:14 by cncbasher.

More
30 Jul 2011 23:39 #12038 by jmelson
No, following error has nothing to do with limit switches. "Following error" specifically means the actual position is too far from the commanded position. "On <axis> limit switch" specifically means the switch has been tripped, iven if it is just you pushing the switch with your finger.

More
31 Jul 2011 08:56 #12052 by M2sinc
I found that 2 wire was connected wrong . now when I turn machine button F2 on in EMC , Motor stay still but makes a lot of noise. But EMC does not give an error. It is noisy , I have to turn F2 OFF.
How to do next step?
With ppmcdiags 378 DAC at axis 0 and volt 0 machine does not spin, but giving any volts + and - it spin but not according to +/- volts. It spin CW on '-' and ccw on '+' value.
So how to correct this ? or is it correct ?
And when I turn on F2 machine then motor make noise?

More
31 Jul 2011 10:53 #12055 by Rick G

More
13 Aug 2011 03:38 #12466 by M2sinc
Hello
Now my motor move in correct direction. I can turn the power on to EMC and move motor in any direction after playing with P and D value in axis.

I need help on how to fine tune the EMC for smoth opration . I need help where to attache wire for Eswitch, power on/off. collant on/off. home button, manual jog pandent, manual home switch , tool change ,cycle start . If machine over travel than I like to set up a switch that I use to press and hold so EMC dont see that machine is over travled and I can manual get machine out of over travel zone. also want to switch for spindle on/off/ cw/ ccw I like to have switch for orient the spindle so my tool fit in spindle in one direction only even if I am doing it manually.
Does all this items's place is already made on PPMC card ? do I have to set these in config files ? which file I have to use ? How to fine tune ?
thanks in advance for help

• diekie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Aug 2011 20:33 #12833 by diekie
I also had the same issue. after long trial and error, I made my F error in ini file bigger, there's another error, not sure what it was, just check in your ini file what max error settings there is, then increase those, and then check if your encoder direction is right, and play around on your PID tuning. I have a Delta asda-b 0.75kw servo. If you didn't come right, e-mail me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. then I'll send you a copy of my ini file.

hope this helps!

• diekie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Aug 2011 20:38 #12834 by diekie
sorry.. only realised now you figured it out... well done. for your limit switches etc, try running pncconf in terminal window. this gave me much clearer understanding of pins etc.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds