Linear scale correction: homing to index

More
29 May 2014 03:16 #47481 by jtc

my suggestion (I don't know in it is possible, but I think so) is to use a MUX to be able to use 2 different following errors.

You can't do that directly, as following-error is not a pin. (it is read directly from the INI file).

It would be possible to do it by simply lying about the feedback position to the motion controller though :-)

For example, if you net fb-loop axis.N.motor-position-fb <= axis.N.motor.position-cmd then no following error can ever happen.

To "lie" about position feedback you would take the difference between the two pins above, scale by a variable scale factor (using mux2 as suggested) then add the scaled f-error back on and pass that to the fb pin.

now looks it is on linuxcnc 2.7 :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 03:27 #47483 by DaBit
It's there in the 2.6~pre too if I am not mistaken. But that doesn't mean that changing it also updates the value in the motion controller...

I ordered 1-micron resolution linear scales for the two Y joints and Z joint; these will arrive somewhere next week so soon I can do more testing. I did fool around a little with the HAL files, but until now I still cannot get rid of the following error when homing for the first time. Press F2 and ctrl-Home again, and no following error. If it nly happens once it is a situation I can live with for now until the machine construction is done. There is only so much I can so in an hour of spare time. But if homing three joints to index means I have to do the F2/ctrl-Home four times I think I quickly get tired of that.

More
29 May 2014 03:30 #47484 by jtc

It's there in the 2.6~pre too if I am not mistaken. But that doesn't mean that changing it also updates the value in the motion controller...

I ordered 1-micron resolution linear scales for the two Y joints and Z joint; these will arrive somewhere next week so soon I can do more testing. I did fool around a little with the HAL files, but until now I still cannot get rid of the following error when homing for the first time. Press F2 and ctrl-Home again, and no following error. If it nly happens once it is a situation I can live with for now until the machine construction is done. There is only so much I can so in an hour of spare time. But if homing three joints to index means I have to do the F2/ctrl-Home four times I think I quickly get tired of that.

so if you update the value, linuxcnc continues using the value that is in the ini file?

More
29 May 2014 03:44 #47486 by DaBit
I don't know. Easy to check though :)

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds