Help with external offsets on a Real Plasma machine

More
07 May 2018 20:53 #110339 by tommylight
I will have to disagree with Rod on the last statement, namely, i have installed many Proma THC and they are absolutely magnificent and easy to use and they never ever miss a beat, but they do use relays on the outputs that go to parallel port inputs, so they are slow. That "slow" means not suitable for cutting 1mm warped metal plate or corrugated roofing made out of 0.6mm thick metal, otherwise it does work for everything else nicely.
THCAD should be much faster and with a proper Z axis it should be able to do everything.......but i have not had time to test it yet, it is still sitting patiently on my table together with a 6i25 and a 7i77 and 7i74 and two 7i84.
Dang it i need more hours in one day......way more.
Rod and John and others, keep up the good work.
Regards,
Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2018 21:47 #110346 by rodw

THCAD should be much faster and with a proper Z axis it should be able to do everything.......but i have not had time to test it yet, it is still sitting patiently on my table together with a 6i25 and a 7i77 and 7i74 and two 7i84.

Rod and John and others, keep up the good work.
Regards,
Tom.

And required servos are sitting patiently here remember. Probability of shipping them to you becomes slimmer with a second 7i76e on its way :)

Some of us really want to see what you come up with when you get to it.

More
08 May 2018 20:33 #110396 by tommylight
Thinking of implementing a full PID position loop.
Do not ask me how as i have no clue, just thinking in that direction as it should be fairly easy.
Having Z axis motor in a velocity loop and adding the feedback from the THCAD as the position loop is doable, but how will it behave in a real machine has yet to be tested. I see offsets in the near future..........

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds