Configuring axis gui "axis radio buttons"

More
30 Sep 2017 14:52 #99683 by Clive S
Ok. In axis the radio buttons change according to which keyboard key you use. ie press up arrow will move the radio button to Y and left arrow will move the button to X etc.

I have working mpg's on three axis X,Y,Z and I would like them to change the position of the radio buttons in the gui depending on which mpg is turned. Is this possible.

This is a test system with two PP. Can anybody help with some sample code. Thanks.

File Attachment:

File Name: baz_test_2...9-30.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_201...30-2.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2017 21:50 #99863 by andypugh
I don't think that you actually need this. (and you might not want it either).

You can jog the individual axes independently absolutely regardless of the Axis radio buttons. Why do you want them to change?

More
03 Oct 2017 22:46 #99874 by Clive S

I don't think that you actually need this. (and you might not want it either).

You can jog the individual axes independently absolutely regardless of the Axis radio buttons. Why do you want them to change?

Thank you Andy. The reason is that sometimes I jog the x axis when the radio button is on the Z axis and then touch off without looking where the radio button is. So it would be nice if the radio buttons followed the mpg's. Perhaps I am being stupid:(

More
03 Oct 2017 22:53 #99876 by andypugh
I don't think you are being stupid, I don't actually think that there is a way to make the axis radio buttons change except from the GUI.

More
03 Oct 2017 23:00 #99879 by Clive S

I don't think you are being stupid, I don't actually think that there is a way to make the axis radio buttons change except from the GUI.

Thanks again. I accept your wisdom and will give that a miss then. As the pmg's work fine

My next challenge then is to put two pots on my panel to change the feed rate and possibly spindle speed could this be done to reflect what the sliders show in AXIS?

More
03 Oct 2017 23:06 #99880 by andypugh
It works the other way. If you change halui.spindle-override.counts and halui.spindle-override.direct-value is true (which is what you need for pots) then the axis sliders move to agree.

It's probably better not to use dire-value and to use little pot-shaped encoders for the overrides, they play together better with Axis.
This sort of thing: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-Rotary-Encoder-E...V_V33BKeah3f3cU_vkqA
If you have a switch it ought to be possible to set push=100% which might be useful.

More
04 Oct 2017 09:20 #99904 by Clive S

It works the other way. If you change halui.spindle-override.counts and halui.spindle-override.direct-value is true (which is what you need for pots) then the axis sliders move to agree. [/quote

Thanks. I have ordered the encoders. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of some example code . I will be using this with mesa 5i25/7i76 or could it also be done with a PP. as I have both.

More
04 Oct 2017 09:28 #99905 by andypugh

It works the other way. If you change halui.spindle-override.counts and halui.spindle-override.direct-value is true (which is what you need for pots) then the axis sliders move to agree.

Thanks. I have ordered the encoders. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of some example code . I will be using this with mesa 5i25/7i76 or could it also be done with a PP. as I have both.

What are you using for your current MPGs and spindle encoders?

I imagine you are out of hardware encoder counters, but for a HMI encoder the 1000Hz servo rate is OK and you can use the software encoder. (you don't even notice the odd missed count)

More
04 Oct 2017 09:57 - 04 Oct 2017 09:59 #99906 by Clive S

What are you using for your current MPGs and spindle encoders?

I imagine you are out of hardware encoder counters, but for a HMI encoder the 1000Hz servo rate is OK and you can use the software encoder. (you don't even notice the odd missed count)

OK sorry I think I am confusing the issue. I have a working mill and small lathe using the 5i25/7i76 Using two different configs with the same control box. the lathe uses the TB3 pins encoder for threading (spindle has no speed control)

mill and lathe uses TB5 inputs 16,17,18,19 for two mpg's (jogging) No spindle speed control on either.

But I have a mock up test system on the bench using two PP to try and get proof of concept to get the sliders working.

My goal is get the PP system working before I play with the mill/lathe setup. I have a config that using the two PP. with two mpg's connected to jog. So is it possible to using this system with the encoder (pots) I have ordered. with inputs to the PP starting with feed override. using version 2.7.11
Last edit: 04 Oct 2017 09:59 by Clive S.

More
04 Oct 2017 10:06 #99907 by andypugh
Yes, the encoder/pots can connect to a software encoder counter through either Mesa GPIO or P-port.
If you run a base-thread then the p-port can count faster than you can twirl the knobs. If you use the mesa IO then the inputs can only be sampled at 1kHz, so if you twirl very fast you will lose counts. But you won't notice.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds