Automatic touchoff of face mill

More
26 May 2019 13:51 - 26 May 2019 13:55 #134997 by cahlfors

G43 takes an optional H parameter, so you can issue a G43 to load the offsets for the next tool and read out the diameter from #5410 without physically changing tool.
You probably then want to zero-out the offsets (G49) before probing and finally load the new offsets at the same time as issuing the M6.

I think we are OK on the G49. It is already in the remap code, but #<_selected_tool> still refers to the old tool. Where do I have the value for the new tool? It doesn't seem to be set until after M6 is complete?

Thanks,
/Chris
Last edit: 26 May 2019 13:55 by cahlfors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2019 11:57 #135065 by andypugh

but #<_selected_tool> still refers to the old tool.

Which prolog are you using? The one I just looked at uses #<selected_tool> without the _

You need to do the M6 in your remap at some point anyway, why not do it early in the routine so the numeric parameters are accurate?

The following user(s) said Thank You: cahlfors

More
30 May 2019 21:32 - 30 May 2019 21:34 #135424 by cahlfors
I am out of my depth here, as I am using sample code (the entire remap thing - see reference at the beginning of the thread) that I do not thoroughly understand. There is no M6 in it that could be moved and adding one, I thought would be difficult too, since I did not have access to the tool #. However, just throwing in an M6 early in the code without parameter DID make all the difference! Looks very promising. I think you cracked that very difficult nut, Andy!
Thank you so much!
/Chris
Last edit: 30 May 2019 21:34 by cahlfors. Reason: clarification

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds