lathe with 3 stepper one for each axis Solved

More
26 May 2020 12:21 #168972 by Mike_Eitel
Please send an archive with your configuration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2020 07:04 #169914 by alejandrolleida
this is the config file I used in xyza config who is able to move 3 stepper axis but I can't upload working code, hope is this file

File Attachment:

File Name: El_Torno_4_axis.hal
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2020 08:02 #169917 by bbsr_5a
the open cables without a enclosure and cabinet is quite risky to use and cable length does effect on critical timing

More
03 Jun 2020 08:53 #169925 by Mike_Eitel
Ok.
First.
You must write the code by hand. You have to learn hal for it.
Positive is you can use your config as base. Or find a parport config for a lathe in the examples (i'm only in mills, but sureley sombody can give you a hint witch to use)

Second
Your spindle is not an axis.
The puls output is not coming from a stepgen but you need to use siggen in square mode for that. linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/siggen.9.html

Direction and speed is coming from motion. linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/motion.9.html
Direction can go direct to the output pin
Speed must be transformed via siggen into pulses

Yes this will be a bit of a programing job but after you finished you will be proud of yourself.
Mike

More
03 Jun 2020 11:37 - 03 Jun 2020 21:36 #169934 by alejandrolleida
After a lot of working now linuxcnc I recomend not use raspberry pi is better a core duo.
The pc with debian seems good added a wifi samba server a usb parport replaced with a 6$ fake parport from amazon and them added a parport from moschip,
When replyed I though only .hal file is needed for configuration but there is a lot of config files.
today I mix a xyza mill with the lathe conf , removed "y" and have two rotary, 1 spindle and 2 an "a" in axis_2 now it's time to link spindle rpm with axis_2 stepgen.2 steps. and stepper position with encoder.signal.
Stepgen.2 from "a" axis_2. has rotary move with gradians.
But needs work I can't solve this throuble please help
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2020 21:36 by alejandrolleida.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds