Variable pitch belt driven spindle

More
23 Apr 2020 10:25 #165204 by tommylight

Yahoo! Got it working this evening. Not that what I've done is pretty, but would this be something worth packing up for reuse?

Might be.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2020 01:40 #165468 by cmorley
Congratulations!
How well does it work? (little video?)

yes it's nice to see the end result for the next person trying something similar.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Apr 2020 20:26 #166008 by fungus
It works quite well, actually! I am surprised at how quickly the belt can be adjusted, and how little lag/overshoot there is in the adjustment.

I need to make a youtube account and start sharing stuff again. This forum is the extent of my social media presence right now!

I ended up making quite a few tweaks to the program, as I found out that "while" loops and a RTOS don't mix well ;)

While cutting out my spindle encoder mount, I did have a bump at the end of the program... the system locked up on me, much like when I was using while loops, right when the program ended (just after the mill moved to the park position). Unsure if that's my program causing problems or not. More testing, more chips :)

Thanks cmorley for encouraging me to do the custom realtime component. This really opens up a lot of opportunities!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley, tommylight

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds