Running 2 gcode at same time

More
04 Apr 2022 18:12 #239269 by bkt
He at all,

I ask if possible to run 2 different gcode at same time with axis or other gui ....  with same Lcnc istance ....

appreciate any suggestion
bkt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2022 19:53 #239372 by andypugh
No.

Sorry.

It might still be possible to do what you want to do, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
11 Apr 2022 04:52 #239881 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Running 2 gcode at same time

No.
Sorry.

It might still be possible to do what you want to do, though.

And you can indicate a way to? For example in a post i read you are able to run MDI command and at same time jogging an axis .... but I'm not able to .... I think you use touchy when I use axis.

these is right? and where is the trick? Because normally MDI can run in MDI mode not in manual mode .... or proble is all here? so MDI can run in manual mode but axis interfaces can't permit?

More
11 Apr 2022 04:53 #239882 by bkt
and in your opinion haluy interface can permit to run MDI at same time with jog operation? (obviusly not on same servo).

regards
bkt

More
11 Apr 2022 09:22 #239909 by andypugh
Well, first, what do you want to do? At a slightly higher level than you have described so far.

More
11 Apr 2022 23:14 #239996 by bkt
I would like to do a single assen with an MDI command .... and at the same time make jog movements (for example) with a second axis ... simultaneously or not depending on what logic classicladder decides ..... my CL it already makes both the MDI movement and the jog movement desired mon it is not possible to do the two movements simultaneously ..... one movement must necessarily be MDI or in any case gcode ....

actually I use axis gui ,,,,

More
11 Apr 2022 23:34 #239998 by andypugh
I still have no idea what you are trying to achieve....
You have decided that the answer to your problem is to run MDI and jog at the same time, but perhaps there is another way?

Anyway, take a look at "external offsets" which allows jogging a moving axis.

linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/motion/external-offsets.html

More
12 Apr 2022 04:47 #240012 by bkt
x axis -> movement x0 f2000, x20 f1000, x25 f500, g4 p1, x0 f2000 m30

y axis -> y0 f5000, y-50 f3000, y0 f5000, m30

I would like to run these two routines at any time regardless of whether one is active or not. Both must end once started. It must be possible to start a routine even if the first is running.

as you can see the second routine can be a jog movement because it only makes a back and forth movement of the same quality ..... so the request for 2 gcode .... or to start an MDI and simultaneously use the jog.

To start the whole thing I use classicladder .... only today I can't run the two things together.

I had also thought about eoffset .... only that I need a sim_encoder because in reality I have nothing to "chase". In addition it is complex to set for a forward and backward movement (it would take 2 eoffset to "swap" one for the forward and one for backward movement) so that I am looking for an alternative solution.

an axis is a 50N (small) press (x) and an axis is a translator that moves an object back and forth. The two are not related so they cannot fit on the same gcode.

So is it clearer?

thanks & regards
bkt

More
12 Apr 2022 12:16 #240041 by andypugh
sim-encoder is actually of very little help.

What I think you would use would be simple_tp to send an accelleration / velocity controlled path to a waypoint, and then conv_float_s32 to convert that position command into counts to be consumed by eoffset.

Or use extrajoints, and control directly with simple_tp (or similar)
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

More
12 Apr 2022 21:45 #240085 by bkt
and on ini file extra_joints can be declared as normal joint?

Any how seems the right suggest .... thanks a lot.

bkt

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds