*SOLVED* Recompiling genhexkins

More
18 Jan 2012 23:32 #16906 by andypugh
I had a quick look, but I can't compile your kinematic without armkins.h as you have defined the flags there.

I don't really follow the maths, though, as I never did really get the hang of rotation vectors.
Is it possible that something is wrong with the homing part of your kinematics file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2012 08:35 - 19 Jan 2012 23:01 #16925 by honey
andypugh wrote:

I had a quick look, but I can't compile your kinematic without armkins.h as you have defined the flags there.

Sorry, you are right. I attach the file here

Is it possible that something is wrong with the homing part of your kinematics file?

Yes It is possible. Really I don't understand how the kinematics module (pumakins or others) use the homing part. You can me help with this? What I should do?

File Attachment:

File Name: armkins.h
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2012 23:01 by andypugh.

More
19 Jan 2012 23:49 #16965 by andypugh
honey wrote:

Yes It is possible. Really I don't understand how the kinematics module (pumakins or others) use the homing part.

Nor do I, but I imagine that the idea is that you home each joint, then when you switch to world-mode it runs the homing subroutine once to get an unambiguous position, then starts running kins normally. So, you might get an f-error if your homing routine gives a different answer to the inverse kins. In your case you might need the homing routine to set the iflags before calling the inverse kins.

More
20 Jan 2012 09:22 - 20 Jan 2012 09:32 #16968 by honey
andypugh wrote:

In your case you might need the homing routine to set the iflags before calling the inverse kins.

So, what I should do? change something in my kinematics file or change home values in ini file??
Last edit: 20 Jan 2012 09:32 by honey.

More
20 Jan 2012 10:23 #16969 by andypugh
honey wrote:

So, what I should do? change something in my kinematics file or change home values in ini file??

I really don't know. I think you need help from someone who understands the kinematics structure. You might get lucky with a query on the mailing lists (possibly the developer list) but you are more likely to get no response.
It seems to me that this aspect of EMC2 is rather badly documented, and you might have to read the source code to work it all out.
The comments in kinematics.h explain a few things:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blo...ematics/kinematics.h
There are also many useful comments in this file
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blo...emc/motion/control.c
(at the beginning and line 1464 onwards)

As far as I can see kinematicsHome is _never_ called. I am going to check...

More
23 Jan 2012 11:56 #17041 by andypugh
How are you compiling armkins at the moment?
I found that I needed to put it in the kinematics directory, and then needed to edit emc2-dev/src/Makefile to duplicate all (9?) lines which mention genhexkins to add a similar line for armkins. That seems to work nicely.

I think you ought to remove the unused variables, or at least comment out those lines.

As I said on the mailing list, you have some sqrt() functions which might not be correct, and also could do with an fabs() in them to make them more robust. Things go badly wrong if the code tries to take a sqrt of a negative number.

More
23 Jan 2012 12:20 #17042 by honey
andypugh wrote:

How are you compiling armkins at the moment?
I found that I needed to put it in the kinematics directory, and then needed to edit emc2-dev/src/Makefile to duplicate all (9?) lines which mention genhexkins to add a similar line for armkins. That seems to work nicely.

Yes, as cncbasher suggested, I put armkins in emc2-dev/src/emc/kinematics and I have edit the Makefile adding lines similar to the other kinematics module. Then I compiled with
emc2-dev/src
./configure --enable-run-in-place
make
sudo make setuid

As I said on the mailing list, you have some sqrt() functions which might not be correct, and also could do with an fabs() in them to make them more robust. Things go badly wrong if the code tries to take a sqrt of a negative number.

You suggest me to add fabs() where there are sqrt()? In this way the code doesn't try to make a sqrt of a negative number?

More
28 Dec 2012 07:05 #28113 by findux
Hi everyone again,

How to integrate stepgen module to parallel kinematic hal file for real time step/dir signal generator? Which companent's output use for step/dir signal? when I use vismach as simalator some times I get poor performans. What happens in real-time.

More
30 Dec 2012 04:55 #28170 by andypugh
I think you need to post this question as a new message, it is not going to find the right attention posted as a reply to an unrelated series.

More
30 Dec 2012 05:06 #28172 by PKM

How to integrate stepgen module to parallel kinematic hal file for real time step/dir signal generator? Which companent's output use for step/dir signal? when I use vismach as simalator some times I get poor performans. What happens in real-time.

You can find realtime config for hexapod with steppers here parallelrobots.blogspot.com/2012/04/linu...od-machine-tool.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: findux

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds