motion.digital-out-00 problem

More
13 Dec 2023 05:49 #288002 by spumco

IIRC there used to be some project that was like a graphical HAL configurator. I wonder what ever happened to that.

In the one demo I saw a decent-sized HAL config looked like a wall-chart of spaghetti.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2023 12:00 #288019 by blazini36

IIRC there used to be some project that was like a graphical HAL configurator. I wonder what ever happened to that.

In the one demo I saw a decent-sized HAL config looked like a wall-chart of spaghetti.

Yeah that sounds familiar but it was just a concept at the time. Any idea what ever happened to it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Dec 2023 14:22 #288039 by JacobRush
I think you're thinking of Eagle2HAL. I haven't used it yet so IDK how viable it is.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Eagle2HAL

More
13 Dec 2023 19:07 #288063 by blazini36
I forgot about that one. That looks better than the one I was actually thinking of but it would be a hole lot better if it used KiCAD.

I was actually thinking of Rockhopper. After I looked it up I realize it's kinda hard to follow.

More
13 Dec 2023 23:27 #288083 by blazini36
Actually what would be really good is a KiCAD-hal workbench. I've used KiCAD several times to make a schematic of Hal logic I was working on so I could visualize it better. If there were a plugin that could actually write the hal config that would be super useful. I can generally write hal logic from my head but it would be pretty useful for really serious hal files or beginners.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds