Binary encoder - Sauter SK-501 turret - Strobe diagram of functions

More
14 Jun 2024 05:45 #302986 by greg23_78
Thanks for your feedback. Is it mandatory to connect the parity pin for a binary encoder? Because the parity pin of my encoder is not connected.For a bidirectional rotation I had the same idea by muxing the output numbers but you need to know if the first rotation is in cw or ccw. We'll wait for andypugh and hope he sees our request. As for the solenoid, watching the video in slow motion, I get the impression that it's activated when the pre-indexing sensor changes state. So your solution may be valid. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2024 18:21 #303016 by COFHAL

Thanks for your feedback. Is it mandatory to connect the parity pin for a binary encoder? Because the parity pin of my encoder is not connected.For a bidirectional rotation I had the same idea by muxing the output numbers but you need to know if the first rotation is in cw or ccw. We'll wait for andypugh and hope he sees our request. As for the solenoid, watching the video in slow motion, I get the impression that it's activated when the pre-indexing sensor changes state. So your solution may be valid. 

Interesting, what Hal are you currently using to control that turret, could you share?

More
14 Jun 2024 18:23 #303017 by COFHAL
I think it is not necessary, for that you can use the strobe signal, which guarantees the valid position.

More
14 Jun 2024 21:17 #303024 by greg23_78
Is not my vidéo! It was only for verify the solenoid functioning.

But I hope my turret will run like this !

More
14 Jun 2024 22:27 #303025 by COFHAL

More
15 Jun 2024 09:09 #303039 by andypugh
I would recommend connecting the parity pin. It will give some protection if a wire breaks or a sensor fails. The carousel component understands how to interpret the parity input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
15 Jun 2024 13:26 #303048 by COFHAL

I would recommend connecting the parity pin. It will give some protection if a wire breaks or a sensor fails. The carousel component understands how to interpret the parity input.

Thank you very much for the advice.  Unfortunately, the carousel component does not work completely for this type of turrets, which requires an inversion of the motor's direction of rotation when it reaches the chosen position. It only does so when the rotation is forward, not when it initially rotates counterclockwise. .

More
15 Jun 2024 17:13 #303060 by andypugh
Are you uisng the 2.9 version of carousel or the 2.10 version? I think I made some changes in the 2.10 version that might help there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
16 Jun 2024 01:48 #303088 by COFHAL

Are you uisng the 2.9 version of carousel or the 2.10 version? I think I made some changes in the 2.10 version that might help there.

I was using version 2.10 but for some reason it didn't work, I think like I reported a problem with version 2.10, that's why I had to reinstall version 2.9.2.

More
20 Jun 2024 20:25 #303442 by greg23_78
 would need help with the hal of my caroussel, because I think I did anything and by miracle it works just about.

when i set these parameters
net sensor-locking hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.input-15
net sensor-pre_indexing hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.input-14-not

pin 14 is blinking so it corresponds to the locking sensor. the carousel behavior is correct but on the video you can see that when input-14-not the motor turn in rev so the motor has the instruction to turn fwd and rev. i have a mechanical safety to prevent the two contactors from tuning the motor at the same time.

so I modified
net sensor-locking hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.input-14-not
net sensor-pre_indexing hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.input-15

and pin 14 doesn't blink and the carousel can't lock.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds