Deckel FP4 Gearbox Comp

More
01 Jul 2024 13:27 #304153 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Deckel FP4 Gearbox Comp
The pins starting with 'FP4-gearbox.' would likely be coming from a custom hal component. I cannot say for certain as I don't know which hal file you got this from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2024 10:24 #304220 by Walkahz
Replied by Walkahz on topic Deckel FP4 Gearbox Comp
See attached Config files.
Possibly the Fp4_gearbox.hal??

More
02 Jul 2024 16:55 #304262 by Aciera
Well I would have said 'FP4_gearbox.comp' but looking at the component itself has me confused as none of the component pins created seem to be used in the actual function:

Warning: Spoiler!

More
02 Jul 2024 17:04 #304263 by Aciera
Ok, I guess these maybe get used in 'FP4_gears.c', but I'm really out of my depth here. Do you have 'FP4_gearbox.comp' installed and all the other .c and .h files in your system? I'm not even sure where you would need to put those, the 'components' folder would be my guess.

Warning: Spoiler!

More
03 Jul 2024 04:15 #304293 by Walkahz
Comp is installed. .C and .H files are in the same location as the HAL. unsure if i need to save into where the comp installs. I couldnt use the makefile that was in the original code to install it all.

More
03 Jul 2024 06:02 #304298 by Aciera
Have you tried starting your config from the terminal to check for error messages in the output?

$ linuxcnc

More
06 Jul 2024 10:49 #304526 by Walkahz
Not sure exactly how to open in comp.

Ive made a little progress.
I abandoned the modified Files I was using and went back to mark's files as downloaded from github.
i then have gone through to modify as required to remove the unneeded portions.
I was able to compile it and stopped getting the errors above when I uncomment the inputs and outputs, So the Hal is talking to the comp.
Still having a few problems but at least they are different. I was able to open LCNC but it opened very slow and showed a different version to what i have installed (2.4 rather than the 2.9 i have installed)
After some changes to the hal to try to identify the issue I was then once again unable to open LCNC  and had the following debug information come up.
2 steps forward 1 back.
Debug file information: Note: Using POSIX realtime rtapi_app: caught signal 11 - dumping core [Gmoccapy.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][[33mWARNING[0m] INI Parsing Error, No DEFAULT_SPINDLE_0_SPEED Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 200 (qt_istat.py:532) [Gmoccapy.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][[33mWARNING[0m] INI Parsing Error, No MIN_SPINDLE_0_SPEED Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 100 (qt_istat.py:532) [Gmoccapy.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][[33mWARNING[0m] INI Parsing Error, No MAX_SPINDLE_0_SPEED Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 2500 (qt_istat.py:532) [Gmoccapy.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][[33mWARNING[0m] INI Parsing Error, No MAX_SPINDLE_0_OVERRIDE Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 1 (qt_istat.py:532) [Gmoccapy.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][[33mWARNING[0m] INI Parsing Error, No MIN_SPINDLE_0_OVERRIDE Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 0.5 (qt_istat.py:532) (gmoccapy:25734): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 06:32:40.415: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion 'text != NULL' failed [Gmoccapy.GMOCCAPY.GETINIINFO][[33mWARNING[0m] No DEFAULT_SPINDLE_SPEED entry found in [DISPLAY] of INI file (getiniinfo.py:282) Waiting for component 'inihal' to become ready. While waiting for 'inihal', component 'gmoccapy' loaded. Did you specify the correct name via 'loadusr -Wn'?.........................................................................................................................................................................................HAL: ERROR: exit called before init :0: waitpid failed milltask inihal :0: milltask exited without becoming ready [Gmoccapy][[33mWARNING[0m] No virtual keyboard installed, we checked for . Try 'sudo apt-get install onboard'. (gmoccapy:2080) Could not open command file 'gmoccapy_postgui.hal' 25678 Stopping realtime threads Unloading hal components Waited 3 seconds for master. giving up. Note: Using POSIX realtime mh400e_gearbox: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime mux16: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime classicladder_rt: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime pid: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime hm2_eth: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime hostmot2: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime motmod: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime trivkins: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime homemod: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 Note: Using POSIX realtime tpmod: not loaded :0: exit value: 255 :0: rmmod failed, returned -1 :0: unloadrt failed Note: Using POSIX realtime

More
08 Jul 2024 10:27 #304655 by Walkahz
Solved the boot issue.
Seems to be an issue with the line

Addf mh400e-gearbox. Servo-thread 

Once I removed this from HAL I could boot normally again.

I attached the screen that was showing when it was bugging. See attached 

Attachments:

More
08 Jul 2024 10:35 #304656 by Aciera
3.4.6 is the version of the GUI (Gmoccapy) not the version of linuxCNC

As for the 'mh400e-gearbox' component, this is likely because it is having trouble with the various .c and .h files it want to include. Unfortunately I'm not enough of a C programmer to provide assistance with setting that up correctly.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds