× Forum Header

Help please !!! Servo configuration with stepconf.

More
01 May 2012 16:32 #19716 by BigJohnT
I hope you get that sorted out... as for which PLC you use that is something only you can figure out. I use a lot of PLC's AB, Panasonic, AutomationDirect etc day to day and sometimes it makes sense to use them and sometimes it makes sense to use Classicladder and sometimes it makes sense to just use a relay and a timer... just depends on the job at hand.

Keep us posted on your progress.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2012 16:45 #19717 by ishman
BigJohnT wrote:

I hope you get that sorted out... as for which PLC you use that is something only you can figure out. I use a lot of PLC's AB, Panasonic, AutomationDirect etc day to day and sometimes it makes sense to use them and sometimes it makes sense to use Classicladder and sometimes it makes sense to just use a relay and a timer... just depends on the job at hand.

Keep us posted on your progress.

John

True. It all depends on situation and type of job. Also we should have to have a system of which you can get support from others. OR face it alone as I am already facing with my drives. Still waiting for suppliers reply about how to eliminate "torque overload" error.

More
01 May 2012 18:37 #19719 by BigJohnT
Just reviewing that link again and they don't mention the parameters... is there a link to the parameters? I also pinged Rob_h on the IRC as he has used some Chinese AC servo drives on a recent retrofit... just waiting back to see if he can shed some light on the problem.

John

More
02 May 2012 01:41 #19725 by ishman
I have the PDF manual file with the parameters which is 2.8mb. But I don't know how to upload it.

More
02 May 2012 01:50 - 02 May 2012 01:50 #19726 by ishman
Last edit: 02 May 2012 01:50 by ishman.

More
02 May 2012 12:06 - 02 May 2012 12:09 #19735 by BigJohnT
What error number did you get?

Did you set the parameters based on one of the suggested in 4.8.3?

John
Last edit: 02 May 2012 12:09 by BigJohnT.

More
02 May 2012 12:43 - 02 May 2012 12:58 #19736 by ishman
John ! I really appreciate your help.

Regarding the parameter setting in 4.8.3, I had a look at it but didn't realize it's importance. Is it really important ? Then I will go through this chapter.

Actually I pushed my whole energy at power source combination. Because I cant jog the motor alone with driver without linking it to breakout board to make servo enabled. The breakout board get power from PC usb which I think supply 5v or 3.3v while driver needs 12v-24v.
Last edit: 02 May 2012 12:58 by ishman.

More
02 May 2012 13:05 - 02 May 2012 13:07 #19737 by BigJohnT
ishman wrote:

Regarding the parameter setting in 4.8.3, I had a look at it but didn't realize it's importance. Is it really important ? Then I will go through this chapter.

That and the control mode type are essential settings and I'm amazed that the motor moved at all without setting those two things correctly. My suggestion is to read the manual from start to end and make sure you have all things set as outlined in the manual.

John
Last edit: 02 May 2012 13:07 by BigJohnT.

More
02 May 2012 13:17 #19738 by ishman
I set the mode type properly at every type of run like jog and position step/dir mode but really missed this one.

That means if motor moves little bit with jog command and from pc step/dir command then there is nothing to worry about power source ? I have concern about it because at page 35 in position control schematic there is mentioned 12-24v power supply to vcccom pin.

More
03 May 2012 15:08 #19763 by ishman
I have solved the issue and now motor is running smooth. Some enhancement still left in my machine to tune it with load. But before my Mesa cards arrives, I will try to hook it with my basic breakout board and with step/dir commands configured with stepconf wizard.

The cause of my problem was that I gave servo enable power through my breakout board which was showing that it's enabling the servo while it wasn't supplying enough power. Today I removed servo enable wire from breakout board and supplied the power from external 12v source to servo enable driver input port and it started spinning the motor smoothly. Now it's time to tune as you all suggested.

I tried to move an empty motor with stepconf jog and it runs smooth from there as well. But it lacks speed. I can't manage to increase the speed with stepconf but I am sure that I can manage to do it with drive's internal settings. But is it recommended to do this with open loop configuration ?

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds