× Forum Header

Help please !!! Servo configuration with stepconf.

More
12 May 2012 15:23 #20035 by cmorley
drive microstepping is just that - the DRIVE'S microstepping factor (nothing to do with linuxcnc internals)

steps per revolution is meaning the motor - most are 200 steps per rev.
you put 10000 steps per rev which would seem to mean 200 motor steps/rev and 50 microsteps (200x50=10000)

But as you have found out either way will still give you the right scaling. (just wanted you to understand why)

to me your max velocity and max acceleration seem odd - but I never read the rest of the thread.
your max velocity is 1mm/s (60mm per minute) which is pretty damn slow.
but your acceleration is 12.5 mm per sec (x something else) which seems really fast.
and it looks like you calculated the acceleration....I must be missing something :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2012 16:13 #20038 by ishman
Thanks cmorley !

drive microstepping is just that - the DRIVE'S microstepping factor (nothing to do with linuxcnc internals)

The reason for my conclusion was when I increased the ratio on screen it changes the speed accordingly. I didn't even touched the drive's gear during test.

you caught a good point. my velocity is 1mm and acceleration is 12.5mm.............lol.

More
12 May 2012 18:32 #20042 by andypugh
ishman wrote:

I found an indirect solution is to divide screw pitch according to drives gearing ratio. But I think there should be any direct solution.

Well, there is only one number to set the scaling, and that is a combination of all the other factors. So, it doesn't matter how you do it as long as the single scale factor for that axis in the HAL is correct.

More
13 May 2012 14:15 - 13 May 2012 14:15 #20052 by ishman
I did my first run today with stepconf wizard. Exciting !!! But it was only surfacing because my Z axis still needs to be wired. The drives manufacturer provided me only two expansion cards for drives by mistake. Which connects with CN36 cable. I can order more of them but it takes one week atleast. I have some CN36 connector though and I can run the Z axis immediately if some one help me to know how to hook FG 36 pin (Left bottom side of schematic diagram.)

here is the schematic image.

Many thanks in advance.
Last edit: 13 May 2012 14:15 by ishman.

More
13 May 2012 14:29 #20053 by BigJohnT
FG36 is the shield drain ground... it should be grounded only on one end!

John

More
13 May 2012 14:34 #20054 by ishman
BigJohnT wrote:

FG36 is the shield drain ground... it should be grounded only on one end!

John

Thanks for confirmation John! I tried it once. But no luck. I will try again tomorrow.

More
13 Jan 2016 15:29 #68318 by wlater2
Hi,

I am wondering whetehr you could share Bonmet ServoFly sorftware as it is not available on Bonmet web site any more and Bonmet support is not answering more that 10 days.

More
13 Jan 2016 16:05 #68320 by jepler
Please note that unless this software you mention ("Bonmet ServoFly") has a license that permits its redistribution, it should not be uploaded to the forum.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds