× Forum Header

help with axis configuration

More
31 Jan 2016 16:41 #69320 by sandman92k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2016 18:46 #69326 by sandman92k
Moderator please delete this thread, Iam going to try something else

More
01 Feb 2016 03:46 - 01 Feb 2016 03:47 #69359 by cmorley

pully teeth count is 20

it may be too late but it finally dawned on me why you only told us only one pulley teeth number - you are using a belt instead of a threaded rod.

in this case the leadscrew pitch setting in stepconf would be :
1/ (The diameter of the sprocket times 3.14159)
pulley teeth would be 1:1
microstep and motor steps per rev would need filling out properly

This would get you close - The diameter setting probably would need to be adjusted a bit to get it exact as it should be the MEAN diameter but it's easier just to experiment I think.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 03:47 by cmorley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandman92k

More
01 Feb 2016 14:42 #69368 by sandman92k
thank you,
i do have one more question and i hope i ask this correctly

in the axis configuration for the x or y or z , is this for the purpose of only getting the correct settings so the axis travels the correct distance based on the equipment????

second part of this is once the above settings are done,, do you not worry about feed rate and speed because that comes with gcode.
the reason i asked was i noticed when i had the correct settings the speed was not the same as with incorrect settings. and was just worried it was going to be slow.

More
01 Feb 2016 20:14 #69388 by cmorley
Axis configuration:
If you mean the axis page in stepconf yes this tailors linuxcnc to operate the specific axis the right distance and within maximuim speed and acceleration.

It also sets home location and table travel distances.

feed rate is set in gcode and is long as it doesn't got beyond the axis maximum you have set, will be followed.

The speed of the motor and the scale are related so if scale is changed speed will too.
If linuxcnc is told 1000 steps per minute is 1" per minute but your stepper system need 2000 steps per minute to move 1" per minute the the motor speed will be too slow - it will go half speed.

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds