× Forum Header

This is an example of what I am trying to accomplish :

More
08 Apr 2019 00:27 #130462 by Dragonbitscnc

This is an example of what I am trying to accomplish :
I have built a cnc table. It is 26 foot long with a 8.9 foot wide cutting area 28 inch travel on the Z axis, 5 D.O.F head head (B/C axis)
The gantry is 13.6 foot long. this overhangs the side of my table to give me a 48 inch diameter lathe (turn) that runs the length of my table
Mach3 won't work , Masso will work but I loose an axis (no good) . But they have post processors available from CAD/CAM
programs like Fusion 360, BobCad, ect... So what I think I know is, I need a post processor to tell the machine controller the g-code.
And the machine controller knows the machine dimensions! Y/N? So, linuxCNC, Mach3, Master cam, are Machine control software?
And the Masso is like a brake out board with on board software (proprietary). I think this is the correct work flow? So moving forward
Fusion 360 has posts for LinuxCNC (EMC2) that can be edited, and LinuxCNC can be configured to my table with 6 Axis mill/turn.
How do I do this!
I have looked at Linux posts that are customise able and I see things like this.........// user-defined properties, {writeMachine: true, // write machine, preloadTool: true, // preloads next tool on tool change if any useParametricFeed: false, // ,useG28: false // turn on to use G28 instead of G53 for machine retracts }; and on & on & on....Some of it is common sense, but I don't know what I am doing.
In LinuxCNC stepconfig wizard, how do I get more than 4 axis setup, Do I need to create virtual machine like the one above ?
Can I make pre-sets/soft limits? These are some of things things I need to find answers to. "good help needed" got to get it running!
Thankyou in advance John Ross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 06:40 #130482 by pl7i92
the 5 axis setup is only made by hand
you will find configs examples in the example Sample area
look for vismach

there are redy mada easy configs to be setup in the config area

ITS not that hard to do soo get into the system

More
08 Apr 2019 10:31 #130489 by pl7i92
here is the elektronisch i use for this
i
ts a 7i92 on 2 Mach3 5Axis Bob
you can see the speed of the Caxis i can go and mutch more as only testsetup on this video

Attachments:

More
08 Apr 2019 17:45 #130522 by andypugh

In LinuxCNC stepconfig wizard, how do I get more than 4 axis setup, Do I need to create virtual machine like the one above ?

This sounds like a very large machine to be driven by stepper motors and the parallel port. (Which is all that Stepconfig can do)

But you don't need a virtual machine.

That said, you might want to look at the sim/axis/vismach/ 5 axis gantry config as an example of what such a config looks like.

(and you can run the sim like areal machine)

I suggest that master / 2.8 would be a better choice for a 5-axis gantry than the current released version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragonbitscnc

More
09 Apr 2019 15:32 #130556 by pl7i92
we shoudt make some more Catagories in the Configs Forum tread
to get people direct to sutch things
3axis / +ATC
Lathe Turret
lathe manuel TC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragonbitscnc

More
10 Apr 2019 23:08 #130630 by Dragonbitscnc
First off Thank you
Ok I went into stepconf. Found that you can modify existing configuration. Clicked open the sim/axis/vismach/ 5 axis gantry config.
That opened a file called "Hallib" I clicked open on that file ...and nothing? That's as far as i got I'm sure I'm missing something
But before you answer, I read what was said about "master / 2.8" I will be looking a this. And I looked at the "sim" and I saw 6 axis listed as 0,1,2,3,4,5, . Axis #3 did not appear to move. Is that the A axis (turn)?
P.S. I like the idea of a directory / index to help people find what they need.

More
10 Apr 2019 23:12 #130631 by andypugh
Stepconf can only modify a configuration created by Stepconf, and will only open a .stepconf file.

Are you actually using steppers and the parallel port?

More
11 Apr 2019 12:38 #130659 by pl7i92
you may post a image of your setup and a image of the mashine Coordinates you like to move
hardware used like i did in my upper post
so we here can give you a real good start

More
11 Apr 2019 16:09 #130678 by Dragonbitscnc
yess steppers and the parallel port

More
11 Apr 2019 16:12 #130679 by Dragonbitscnc
OK I can post an image but i need some time

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds