× Forum Header

Need help to install 5 axis knematics

More
13 Jul 2021 15:20 #214596 by REX299
Hi everybody!
I'm total new with Linux CNC, I builded a mini 5 axis mill XYZAC, I had success modified HAL and INI file for my machine on Linux v2.8.
Now I want to use TCP with 5 axis switchable XYZAC-knematics. I readed all page from this threat:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...cp-5-axis-kinematics
But i can't find the way how to install knematics.c file , M code to switch knematics.h file and any other files need to do TCP control. I did search and find this topic:
forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/290...d-kinematics?start=0
But seem some things changed on current Linux version. I can't install knematics 
Can anyone tell me what file do I need and how to install step by step.
Thank a tons for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2021 15:37 #214601 by Aciera
switchable kinematics has now been incorporated into current master.
Since you have 2.8 installed you might want to try to upgrade to 2.9pre.

Have a look here: buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

Skip this "Getting the archive signing key"
And go straight to "Adding the buildbot packages"

Choose your "deb" and "deb-src" packages from the list depending on your current distro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: REX299

More
13 Jul 2021 17:20 - 13 Jul 2021 17:30 #214623 by Aciera
Make sure you run this in a terminal as the command on the buildbot page does not work anymore:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key EF1B07FEE0EE663E

This is what you should get back:
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.a5yRIwGI4w/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key EF1B07FEE0EE663E
gpg: key EF1B07FEE0EE663E: public key "LinuxCNC Buildbot <nomail@linuxcnc.org>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 17:30 by Aciera.

More
14 Jul 2021 16:36 #214763 by REX299
So in Linux 2.9 i don't need manual install knematics any more!!! Thanks for your infor. :D

More
14 Jul 2021 19:48 #214772 by Aciera
Yes but you will need the current 2.9 so you will need to update using the buildbot repository or create a rip install and build linuxcnc locally on your machine.

The buildbot method is supposed to be the easier way but it can also have it's challenges. I hope it works for you.

More
15 Jul 2021 06:05 #214809 by REX299
Hi Aciera i think I success upgrade to Linux 2.9 pre the Linux info:
linuxcnc_var all:

LINUXCNCVERSION: 2.9.0-pre0-4140-gb54a9f3bd
LINUXCNC_AUX_GLADEVCP: /usr/share/linuxcnc/aux_gladevcp
LINUXCNC_AUX_EXAMPLES: /usr/share/linuxcnc/aux_examples
            REALTIME: /etc/init.d/realtime
                 RTS: uspace
          HALLIB_DIR: /usr/share/linuxcnc/hallib
              PYTHON: /usr/bin/python2.7

dpkg -l '*linuxcnc*':
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                   Version                      Architecture Description
+++-======================-============================-============-=====================================================================
un  linuxcnc               <none>                       <none>       (no description available)
un  linuxcnc-dev           <none>                       <none>       (no description available)
un  linuxcnc-doc           <none>                       <none>       (no description available)
ii  linuxcnc-doc-en        1:2.8.2                      all          motion controller for CNC machines and robots (English documentation)
un  linuxcnc-sim           <none>                       <none>       (no description available)
un  linuxcnc-sim-dev       <none>                       <none>       (no description available)
ii  linuxcnc-uspace        1:2.9.0~pre0.4140.gb54a9f3bd amd64        motion controller for CNC machines and robots
ii  linuxcnc-uspace-dbgsym 1:2.9.0~pre0.4140.gb54a9f3bd amd64        debug symbols for linuxcnc-uspace
ii  linuxcnc-uspace-dev    1:2.9.0~pre0.4140.gb54a9f3bd amd64        PC based motion controller for
I run my machine with DISPLAY = gmoccapy it ok but on MDI tab when I type M128 to swich Kins its show eror " Unknow
use M code M128" so i dont know what i missing to do and i dont know where to put my machine axis mechanis offset to run tcp correctly.
Here my info Linux, hal, ini file. Thank you

Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2021 06:36 #214810 by Aciera
Go to the simualtion configs and see if you can run the example code in the axis/vismach/millturn simulation.

More
15 Jul 2021 08:08 #214818 by REX299
Thank for your info
your mean I try to run sim axis vismach ... but my LinuxCNC dont have that chose from sim list.
And on my configs Folder also dont have the code "vismach/millturn simulation." as you mentioned. Do I miss to install some things else?

More
More
15 Jul 2021 08:48 - 15 Jul 2021 08:51 #214821 by Aciera
If you don't have millturn in the axis/vismach section then you are not running current master. So something must have gone wrong somewhere.

[edit]
your screenshots tell me that you are not looking in the right section. Go to the "Sample Configurations" Folder at the bottom of the configuration picker.

[edit]
Then go to axis/vismach and you should see millturn
Last edit: 15 Jul 2021 08:51 by Aciera.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds