LinuxCNC + Orange Pi (allwincnc)

More
05 Oct 2021 15:32 #222284 by 109jb

Hi 109jb,
I use the MPG with 2 PC817 Optocoupler, convert 5V logic level to 3.3v.

Below is my MPG setting in .hal file:

Thanks for posting the hal file. I see a few things different. May be a moot point right now though since I believe my MPG wheel is not working.  I decided to test it on 5v using an Arduino, which I have become very comfortable with and could not get the MPG to work. However the Arduino code works fine with a cheapo little encoder, so I know the code works. Seems like the MPG is DOA, unfortunately I bought this one over a year ago and never even took it out of its box, so I guess I'm out the $20 or so it cost. I'll see if I can get the little cheapo encoder working with the Orange  Pi LinuxCNC setup. I have some level shifters I can put into use to test.  Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2021 16:38 #222288 by tommylight
Some MPG encoders require pull up or pull down resistors.

More
07 Oct 2021 10:46 #222445 by mwidlok
Dead encoder would surprised me. Could You post a datasheet or link for it? I would also check (using GPIO in, and hal monitor) if any of the encoder pins switching. As Tommylight noticed You might also need pull up/down resistors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
08 Oct 2021 17:20 #222565 by 109jb
Thanks all. In regard to the MPG, it definitely appears DOA. I did some research and found that the same model MPG apparently does not require pull-up or pull-down resistors. Several you-tube and internet schematics show this same MPG used without resistors. Regardless I tried them both and no luck. As mentioned, a cheapo encoder works fine on my Arduino code but not the MPG. Have been busy with a new project but will likely be doing more on this one this weekend.

More
16 Oct 2021 00:19 #223265 by Bari
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/43907-rpi-4-gpio-calculator
This will be handy for Opi's. Just need to get it working with Opi IO's.

More
16 Oct 2021 05:41 #223278 by wzor
no problem)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
15 Nov 2021 17:35 #226592 by tuzki
Hello, I have such a problem during installation. I don't know how to solve it. I hope you can give me some advice

Thank you very much.
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2021 06:52 - 17 Nov 2021 06:55 #226701 by wzor
What system do you install on?
Armbian_20.02.1_Orangepione_buster_current_5.4.20_desktop this one is ok
Last edit: 17 Nov 2021 06:55 by wzor.

More
17 Nov 2021 08:27 #226708 by tuzki
OK, thank you for your answer.、

I'm curious now whether the project has been abandoned or completed.

More
18 Nov 2021 02:22 #226820 by Bari
It is sort of on hold until more Opi boards become available. The original developer archived the project since he could not get new Opi boards in his country due to the worldwide shortages of parts.

I think the project is great. it just needs a good u-boot and preempt_rt kernel for each version of the the Opi's that are available and have the Allwinner ARM SOC's with integrated microcontrollers. If Allwinner stops making them then I'd like to port this project to Rockchip or similar. I'm planing on a Gentoo fork of this project using 64b kernels.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds