LinuxCNC + Orange Pi (allwincnc)

More
31 May 2020 15:27 #169526 by gello0
Replied by gello0 on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
Awesome armbain buster installed :D :)
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2020 03:06 #170436 by HillDaddyMe
Replied by HillDaddyMe on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
Would machinekit be a good candidate for orange pi 4 (rockchip RK3399 4gb of memory with pcie) using messa pci via pcie to pci adaptor. or would this be somthing to try with the main linuxcnc distro.

currently running 2.6 on a old p4 for several years now. due to less a less than perfect environment and aging hardware i am starting to have hardware issues with the pc (memory related).

More
07 Jun 2020 07:34 #170441 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
what symptoms do you retch on memory related you say as of a RT cnc controller
are there games running in parallel and connecting to the hometown during cnc stuff

in this times People try to run the whole household on the CNC machine (( seams so to me ))

in the 90th all CNC are running on a 805xx chip at 4mhz at 150k steps a second and no issue ROFL

More
07 Jun 2020 08:33 #170445 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
ARM SOC with PCIe or integrated Ethernet to Mesa FPGA works with LinuxCNC.

The Allwinner ARM SOC's have an integrated microcontroller that may be used for stepping. The same is true with machinekit on the BBB. The TI ARM SOC has two integrated microcontrollers that may be used for stepping.

More
07 Jun 2020 09:10 #170452 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
that i think will also fill the ESP32 standalone as lots of people working on it to get a Android system to work propper

More
07 Jun 2020 22:13 #170534 by HillDaddyMe
Replied by HillDaddyMe on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
my memory leaks are to old hardware (aging caps and moisture problems) no climate control in shop.I have my hard drive cloned and have to restore every couple of weeks
due to lock ups and failure to boot due to corruption, You know starting to act like windows with good hardware...Iv'e changed memory re-seated everything that can be re-seated still fails memory tests some of the time.
and yes i am aware of the hardware requirements to actually do the work.
I still have a 1984 JAPAX that i have managed to keep running. I think it runs at 4 or 8mhz and send out a little over 25,600 pulses per inch jogging 254 in/min to the servos.
my interest was new hardware for under $100 that would use my existing pci mesa cards.
sorry the explanation was so long.

More
09 Jun 2020 00:14 #170730 by Bari
Rockchip3399 has an integrated Cortex M0 so these might also be ale to run LCNC and hardware step without external hardware:
store.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-4gb-single-board-computer

git.theobroma-systems.com/rk3399-cortex-m0.git

opensource.rock-chips.com/images/6/60/Ro...et_V1.6-20170301.pdf

www.theobroma-systems.com/rk3399-q7-user...ual/04-software.html

The board is also equipped with a PCIe x4 open ended slot, so you could use Mesa over PCIe, Ethernet or SPI if needed.

More
09 Jun 2020 20:33 #170863 by Bari
The integrated microcontroller uses a different core than the ones used in the Allwinners but the code could be adapted.

More
12 Jun 2020 02:01 #171205 by catur4widhi
Replied by catur4widhi on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
great job mx_master..i have test it, that was works..orange pi 2 H3 both GPIO and ARISC work very nice. put step generator on my oscilloscope, the signal is uniformly god even at 400khz.

now im planing to build H6 RTkernel from armbian config, but not success yet..

More
12 Jun 2020 02:18 #171206 by catur4widhi
Replied by catur4widhi on topic LinuxCNC + Orange Pi
h3 core is not fast enough to run linuxcnc, im get bad lag runing gmoccapy and gscreen. i think h6 is more promissing, i was test h6 smoothly run gmoccapy in simulation mode (dont have rt kernel yet), h6 has more powerfull computation power and much higher clock.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds