Script for automated testing of computer latency.

More
18 Feb 2021 19:30 #199335 by seuchato
Cadmanxu
I never saw any similar messages before. The script >should< have generated a *.hw file. Kindly post that.
In addition: Do you run things on "bare metal" or virtualized?
Greez
chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2021 19:47 - 18 Feb 2021 20:11 #199338 by Cadmanxu
Thanks for responding and for your help. I have installed the graphical version of Linuxcnc, I don't know if that's what you mean ... - Do you run things in "bare metal" or virtualized? -
At first I thought it was a FireFox problem so I had changed the browser and I had redirected the script to chrome. After making the change to base period to 50000 that Tommy recommended, the script ran for 10 minutes giving me this data. Then I stopped with a Delay warning. The truth is that I don't know very well how to interpret this data and if my computer is optimal to start my configuration in it. Thanks in advance for any help and responses.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2021 20:11 by Cadmanxu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato

More
18 Feb 2021 19:50 - 18 Feb 2021 22:11 #199339 by Cadmanxu
Started google-chrome-stable with 'vimeo.com/150574260'

================================================================================
Command for latency test is:
su linuxcnc -c "latency-histogram --bbinsize 1000 --base 50000 --sbinsize 1000 --nox 2>&1 | tee 1613676081.lat &"

Latency testing loop started jue feb 18 20:21:46 CET 2021,
should end after jue feb 18 22:21:46 CET 2021

Unexpected realtime delay on task 0 with period 50000
should end after jue feb 18 22:21:46 CET 2021

Swap useage: prerun: 0, running: 0

================================================================================
last latency data is as follows:.
504 secs base min: -29.700 uS max: 44.200 uS sdev: 1.900 uS
504 secs servo min: -33.600 uS max: 34.300 uS sdev: 2.100 uS
Last edit: 18 Feb 2021 22:11 by Cadmanxu.

More
19 Feb 2021 04:21 #199371 by seuchato
Cadmanxu
kindly post the complete .hw file that the script generates. Like that we know what kind of machine you are using.
"virtualized or bare metal": if running in some virtual machine like virtualbox, xen etc. But I guess, that is not the case.
A hint: I had faulty RAM once. This caused Realtime Delay Message. Use memtest86 to check on that.
greez
chris

More
19 Feb 2021 10:05 - 19 Feb 2021 10:05 #199391 by Cadmanxu
Thank you very much for your answer, I could not insert the .hw file, it did not let me insert it in the message I will try to do it again. I tell you that the previous file that I uploaded to this post called ipdlerror.txt was a file that I created by copying the error data that appeared in the script's terminal. The fault was mine because to explain my results I only had to attach the .hw files I understood. I apologize for the confusion that I may have caused by interpreting that this file came from your scripts to do this test. Thank you very much for your tool and for sharing it with new Linuxcnc users. Today I will follow the instructions you recommend in the forum and read the topics more thoroughly before writing. I made that mistake, could I try uploading the file in txt format if necessary?
Last edit: 19 Feb 2021 10:05 by Cadmanxu.

More
19 Feb 2021 14:46 - 19 Feb 2021 14:48 #199439 by seuchato
Cadmanxu

on a terminal in your machine do:
cat {fname}.hw
where {fname} is the fileprefix of you {fname},hw file
Scroll up until you see the cat command again. Mark all the lines below, copy, then go to linuxcnc forum, add a reply, goto editor,
write " [ c o d e ] {Stuff to be pasted} [ c o d e ]"
where {Stuff to be pasted} is the {Stuff to be pasted} which is in your clipboard and omit the blanks in " [ c o d e ]" and "[ c o d e ]"
hit send and you are done

In the editor, you can also click on the "Attachments" button and add your file as an attachment.

It's hard to check the output you reported without knowing what hardware you use. To know what hardware gives what latency results, is the very purpose of my script :-)

greez
chris
Last edit: 19 Feb 2021 14:48 by seuchato. Reason: clarification

More
19 Feb 2021 14:52 - 19 Feb 2021 15:04 #199441 by Cadmanxu
I cannot execute those commands. I do not see that list doing

cat {fname} .hw

I'm sorry, I'm new to Linux too, the only thing I can do is copy the text as an answer, although it is not very long and I see that nobody does it like that it seems ...
Last edit: 19 Feb 2021 15:04 by Cadmanxu. Reason: error

More
19 Feb 2021 15:14 #199447 by Cadmanxu
I have added the text from the .hw file to a text document. In the editor when making the answer it does not let me insert the file by the extension ...

File Attachment:

File Name: hw.txt
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: hw-2.txt
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2021 14:50 #199530 by danielcharles
Hello,
Screen Latency Automated Testing (SLATE)
This is not an officially supported Google product

This is a 2 part software that helps to measure typing latency on display devices.

In a more elaborate sense, it measures how much time it takes a key you typed to appear on your screen. As the latency can vary with the use of a different keyboard, this software carries the measurement only from the point operating system gets to know a key-press input is received, as that measurement will be keyboard independent.

Install instructions
Clone the repository or download it from the source.

git clone github.com/googleinterns/screen-latency-testing.git

Import the Camera2SlowMotion android app in Android Studio.

Install the app on your smartphone from Android Studio. (App will not run without step 5)

Build the server script.

go build Server/serverSlate.go

Enable USB-debugging mode on your phone from Developer options. Used to communicate with phone during testing.

Connect your smartphone to your laptop/pc/testing-device using a USB cable and run the server script on your laptop/pc/testing-device.

go run Server/serverSlate.go

The app will be opened on your phone automatically.

Open a text editor on your laptop/pc/testing device and place the cursor somewhere in the editor. Make sure the editor is in the camera field of view of the opened app.

Press and hold the capture button for some time. The text will be typed/simulated automatically on the editor.

Wait for the lag to be calculated and displayed on the screen.

More
20 Feb 2021 15:07 #199534 by andypugh
The message above is very close to being deleted as spam. It has no relevance at all to the thread, or to LinuxCNC. But it is also not obviously malicious.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds