Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
01 Mar 2022 09:01 #236082 by Zuo99

new Skr2 with stm32f429vgt works with octopus pro 429 firmware and regular skr2 config , so same old skr2 but with 180mhz
i set up uart pins for octopus to use tft connector same as skr2 for consistency

HI,cakeslob Thank you very much for your help, I have tried the relevant content of octopus pro 429 and it works well.

What interests me is that you mentioned the issue of Skr2 with stm32f429vgt, I pre-ordered a Skr2 before, but I received it recently because of the manufacturer's problem, so I also tried it, but there are some problems, after starting a Communication will be disconnected after the meeting, I noticed 180mhz in your description, where should it be changed, I tried to change it in the file below, but it doesn't seem to work
Remora/Firmware/FirmwareSource/Remora-OS5/TARGET_SKRV2/system_clock.c

Do I need to change any other files

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2022 10:00 #236084 by Zuo99
Seems to work with SKR2 429
Here's what I did:

1 Octopus pro 429 firmware in the sd card of SKR2, old skr2 config.txt
2 Replace system_clock.c of skr v2 with system_clock.c of octopus pro 429
3 Delete the content in the old skr2 config.txt except the motor drive part

It seems that the content in config.txt affects the SPI communication

More
01 Mar 2022 12:18 #236097 by Zuo99
HI, cakeslob, it looks like I messed up something, following the steps above, I still have a problem with the SKR2 429, I can start the LINUXCNC, the software runs fine, but the motor doesn't turn, I checked the board, confirmed Power supply is no problem.
How was it when you tested the SKR2 429 earlier?

Thank you for your help

More
01 Mar 2022 17:18 - 01 Mar 2022 17:25 #236120 by cakeslob
Hey zuo, sorry for any confusion. In reguards to the skr2 429 version, you shouldnt need to change anything,you can use the same firmware.bin for both the skr2 429 and octopus pro 429 , for the skr2 you can use the same skr2 config for both skr2 boards, but the octopus will have a different config file.

The issue you describe, try this config file , or see if your config has this section, and if not, try adding this. the skr2 has an anti reversing thing for the stepper drives with an io that needs to be turned on to get power to the stepper drives,
{
"Thread": "On load",
"Type": "Motor Power",
"Comment": "Enable motor power SKR2",
"Pin": "PC_13"
},
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Mar 2022 17:25 by cakeslob.

More
01 Mar 2022 17:19 #236121 by cakeslob
{
	"Board": "BIGTREETECH SKR v2",
	"Modules":[
	{
	"Thread": "Servo",
	"Type": "Reset Pin",
		"Comment":			"Reset pin",
		"Pin":				"PC_4"
	},
	{
	"Thread": "On load",
	"Type": "Motor Power",
	"Comment": "Enable motor power SKR2",
	"Pin": "PC_13"
	},
	{
	"Thread": "Base",
	"Type": "Stepgen",
		"Comment":			"X - Joint 0 step generator",
		"Joint Number":		0,
		"Step Pin": 		"PE_2",
		"Direction Pin": 	"PE_1",
		"Enable Pin": 		"PE_3"
	},
	{
		"Comment":			"Y - Joint 1 step generator",
		"Joint Number":		1,
		"Step Pin": 		"PD_5",
		"Direction Pin": 	"PD_4",
		"Enable Pin": 		"PD_6"
	},
	{
		"Comment":			"Z - Joint 2 step generator",
		"Joint Number":		2,
		"Step Pin": 		"PA_15",
		"Direction Pin": 	"PA_8",
		"Enable Pin": 		"PD_1"
	}
	]
}
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2022 02:02 #236150 by Zuo99
Thanks for your help, I tried the enable motor power SKR2 you said, it works fine, the config.txt file of SKR v2 downloaded from GITHUB seems to be missing this part

thanks again for your work

More
18 Mar 2022 21:04 - 18 Mar 2022 21:05 #237674 by scotta
In the work I have been doing on the NVEM Ethernet version of Remora I have now been able to store and retrieve the config.txt file contents to and from the Flash memory of the STM32. I've been working on this as there is no SD card on the NVEM and we can send the config over Ethernet to the board.

Is this a feature, the Flash storage that is, that people would use on 3D printer controller boards. This would allow the removal of the SD card. The only time the SD card would need to be inserted would be for firmware or config updates.

Thoughts?
Last edit: 18 Mar 2022 21:05 by scotta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Mar 2022 21:54 #237681 by tommylight
I like Klipper for that ability, no flash, no SD, nothing.
Does not have resume after power off though, although i rarely need it.

More
19 Mar 2022 00:33 - 19 Mar 2022 00:35 #237698 by drewnabobber

In the work I have been doing on the NVEM Ethernet version of Remora I have now been able to store and retrieve the config.txt file contents to and from the Flash memory of the STM32. I've been working on this as there is no SD card on the NVEM and we can send the config over Ethernet to the board.

Is this a feature, the Flash storage that is, that people would use on 3D printer controller boards. This would allow the removal of the SD card. The only time the SD card would need to be inserted would be for firmware or config updates.

Either this method or else a protocol to receive the configuration at startup would be quite useful to extend remora to boards that do not have an SD slot.  Although in many cases I think it could be enough to simply make it easy to custom-compile a fixed feature build where the steppers, inputs and outputs are hard-coded.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2022 00:35 by drewnabobber.

More
19 Mar 2022 19:07 #237734 by cakeslob
I love the accessibility of sd card for firmware/config, but sd card has become my main hurdle. I dont like having to use 2-8gb sd card to store less than 1mb , and I am facing compatibility issues with sd cards between sdio/spi read types. If you have a solution to make sd cards entirely optional, and able to load configs via spi or what ever you have planned, this would open up the number of available boards to remora. I could add 3-5 new boards without needing additional hardware.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds