Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
01 Dec 2023 21:48 #286995 by scotta

Hi, changing the direction of the DMA axes shift is frequent, it happens without turning LinuxCNC off and on. I have an XYYZ configuration, when homing it happens that the HOME switch Y1 is turned on (physically it is not), I have to turn linuxcnc on and off several times for it to start working. sensor, cable and input changed. It behaves the same way in fw. remora-rt1052-3.0.0.bin and fw.remora-rt1052-2.1.0.bin. Couldn't it be related to the change in dma direction?

Please try the latest firmware with the bug fix for this.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...ora-rt1052-3.1.1.bin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2023 00:45 #287003 by cakeslob

This is the error I get when trying to start linuxcnc.

Debug file information:
iopl() failed: Operation not permitted
cannot gain I/O privileges - forgot 'sudo make setuid' or using secure boot? -parallel port access is not allowed
Note: Using POSIX realtime
remora-eth: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/remora-eth.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./remora-eth.hal:7: waitpid failed /usr/bin/rtapi_app remora-eth
./remora-eth.hal:7: /usr/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
./remora-eth.hal:7: insmod for remora-eth failed, returned -1
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components
cannot gain I/O privileges - forgot 'sudo make setuid' or using secure boot? -parallel port access is not allowed

Sorry 0jw, I didnt see this post before. have you resolved the issues in this log? Where are you right now?
remora-eth: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/remora-eth.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

this one alone would probably mean the component isnt installed, but the error before that may be related if you did install the component
Debug file information:

so follow up questions
how did you install linuxcnc? premade image or manually?

if you installed remora-nv-3.0 , you need to change your halfile from remora-nv to remora-nv-3.0

More
02 Dec 2023 21:56 - 02 Dec 2023 21:59 #287051 by rbobey1989
Ok Guys, today I can say that I feel a little better in spirit because I have achieved interesting things.
Firstly, searching through some boxes I found our ADUM1200 level shifters that I bought on Aliexpress a while ago from 5V to 3.3V, I downloaded the datasheet and the first thing I read """""High data rate: dc to 25 Mbps"""" "WoooooW just what I need to improve the encoder pulses, so I decided to do some DIY, I have made a simple but illustrative sketch of how the schematic turned out, I also attached a capture of the waveforms for the A/B signals 3V3, I honestly didn't expect to have such clean signals.
After this I was able to change the 50cpr disk again for the 1000cpr one in the encoder, the first test was carried out in open loop at 7500mm/min to verify that counts were not lost, which happened before from 1500mm/min with the 1000cpr disk, the first results were satisfactory, the count was correct so I went on to configure the closed loop and adjust the PID controller, after several tests I leave you a of one of the execution tests, sorry for the audio I performed the video with my phone, also the table where I have the motor is decorative hehehe vibrates beautifully (the motor runs like silk).
It would be interesting to look for some 5V-differential-inputs to 3V3-single-ended-output driver and make a small pcb with 12 channels, of course I would have to do some DIY but not the madness that I have right now on my EC500 hahaha.

Scott I have to update a couple of minor changes in the qdc module since the WHA and WHB pins were incorrectly multiplexed towards XBAR1 file qdc.cpp lines 87 to 98:
    case 7:
        IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_04_GPIO3_IO16, 1U);
        IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_04_GPIO3_IO16, 0x10B0U);

XBARA_SetSignalsConnection(XBARA1, kXBARA1_InputIomuxXbarInout08, kXBARA1_OutputEncInput);
        break;
    case 8:
        IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_05_GPIO3_IO17, 1U);
        IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_05_GPIO3_IO17, 0x10B0U);

XBARA_SetSignalsConnection(XBARA1, kXBARA1_InputIomuxXbarInout09, kXBARA1_OutputEncInput);
        break;

Change them to:

[code]    case 7:
        IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_04_XBAR1_INOUT08, 1U);
        IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_04_XBAR1_INOUT08, 0x10B0U);

XBARA_SetSignalsConnection(XBARA1, kXBARA1_InputIomuxXbarInout08, kXBARA1_OutputEncInput);
        break;
    case 8:
        IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_05_XBAR1_INOUT09, 1U);
        IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(IOMUXC_GPIO_SD_B0_05_XBAR1_INOUT09, 0x10B0U);

XBARA_SetSignalsConnection(XBARA1, kXBARA1_InputIomuxXbarInout09, kXBARA1_OutputEncInput);
        break;

[/code]
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2023 21:59 by rbobey1989.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oficinerobotica, Murphy

More
03 Dec 2023 01:05 #287055 by frayja2002
Hi all

I have flashed the latest updated firmware 3.1.1
I have recompiled remora-eth-3.0
I have re uploaded my config file, all apparently with no problem.
I am able to ping the board

However when I try to take it out of estop I get the message...
Bad payload = 0
on_abort executing

Does anyone know what this means & how to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Alex

More
03 Dec 2023 04:44 #287067 by cakeslob
did you change your halfile to remora-eth-3.0?

More
03 Dec 2023 11:59 #287086 by dusa09

Hi, changing the direction of the DMA axes shift is frequent, it happens without turning LinuxCNC off and on. I have an XYYZ configuration, when homing it happens that the HOME switch Y1 is turned on (physically it is not), I have to turn linuxcnc on and off several times for it to start working. sensor, cable and input changed. It behaves the same way in fw. remora-rt1052-3.0.0.bin and fw.remora-rt1052-2.1.0.bin. Couldn't it be related to the change in dma direction?
Please try the latest firmware with the bug fix for this.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...ora-rt1052-3.1.1.bin

Hi, thanks for the fix. It seems that the switch Y1 is ok and the change of direction has not occurred yet. Big thanks.

More
03 Dec 2023 12:21 #287089 by 0jw

This is the error I get when trying to start linuxcnc.

Debug file information:
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components

Sorry 0jw, I didnt see this post before. have you resolved the issues in this log? Where are you right now?

this one alone would probably mean the component isnt installed, but the error before that may be related if you did install the component

[code]Debug file information:

so follow up questions
how did you install linuxcnc? premade image or manually?

if you installed remora-nv-3.0 , you need to change your halfile from remora-nv to remora-nv-3.0
[/code]

I can't actually find any files named remora-nv-3.0. Only remora-eth-3.0. So I changed it and linuxcnc could load.

I installed offline from the debian 12 bookworm iso. I had a lot of problems with the source list. but that seams to be fixed now. I think I've done everything needed from the docs. but I'm getting a "Unexpected realtime delay on task 0 with period 1000000" error and can't take linuxcnc out of estop.

More
04 Dec 2023 09:22 #287173 by Murphy
Is there faster optocouplers in the same size package as the ones already on the board? You could just de solder the old ones and solder in faster optocouplers?

More
04 Dec 2023 20:13 #287214 by frayja2002
did you change your halfile to remora-eth-3.0?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, although it does occur to me that some more intuitive error reporting could save me from having to look like a fool in public forums all the time.

Thanks as always.
Alex

More
04 Dec 2023 20:59 #287217 by scotta
Thanks to the ongoing work by rbobey1989 for the hardware encoders! I've merged his latest updates into the main branch and released v3.1.2 that includes his closed loop configuration example.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...ora-rt1052-3.1.2.bin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy, cnc-phil

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds