Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
12 Dec 2023 20:43 #287974 by frayja2002
loadrt remora-eth-3.0 PRU_base_freq=500000

Yep this fixed the problem (kind of)
Initially I still had a joint following error, so I played with the PGAIN a bit further.
x=80 y=300 z=80
Strange to say when the fault went away for one axis, it went away for all of them.

As always thenks for taking the time to reply.

PS is there some way to create some sort of online database that we could all put out faults with the fixes?
That way we could look up these thing & have a reply... "here are the top 5 solutions" type of thing.

Thanks
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2023 00:34 #287991 by cakeslob

PS is there some way to create some sort of online database that we could all put out faults with the fixes?
That way we could look up these thing & have a reply... "here are the top 5 solutions" type of thing.

No, but that seems like a good idea.

More
13 Dec 2023 16:02 #288052 by zmrdko
are you using steppers without feedback?
i think recommended value of P is 1000 for 1000000ns servo thread (500 for 2000000) and ff=1
check the config example of this guy here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuration/42385-config-steppers

More
14 Dec 2023 19:29 #288150 by beauxnez
hello, is it possible to make an nvem card work with qtplasmac?

More
14 Dec 2023 20:31 #288159 by cakeslob

hello, is it possible to make an nvem card work with qtplasmac?

Shouldnt be a problem, the THC would be an encoder module I think, but Im not sure what the plasma output would be, (PWM or analog?) and which is supported

More
14 Dec 2023 20:50 #288163 by tommylight
Torch ON = digital output (through relay for safety)
ARC OK = digital in , optional as it can also be derived from arc voltage quite reliably
ARC Voltage = encoder input in counter/velocity mode, directly from Mesa THCAD if it can handle 5V, use a resistor for 3.3V input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beauxnez

More
14 Dec 2023 21:53 - 16 Dec 2023 04:28 #288173 by beauxnez
hello
I made some modifications to see if I can modify the graphical interface from axis to qtplasmac, I get an error message I have to modify other parameters?
[DISPLAY]
#DISPLAY = axis
DISPLAY = qtvcp qtplasmac
CYCLE_TIME = 0.100
POSITION_OFFSET = RELATIVE
POSITION_FEEDBACK = ACTUAL 

I have an error message
Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/bin/qtvcp", line 545, in <module>_qtvcp = QTVCP()^^^^^^^File "/usr/bin/qtvcp", line 261, in __init__window.load_extension(opts.usermod)File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 269, in load_extensionmethods, self[obj].handler_module, self[obj].handler_instance = self._load_handlers([handlerpath], self.halcomp, self[obj])^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 312, in _load_handlersobjlist = h(halcomp, widgets, self.PATHS) # this sets the handler class signature^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 6099, in get_handlersreturn [HandlerClass(halcomp, widgets, paths)]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^File "/usr/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 229, in __init__float(self.iniFile.find('AXIS_Z', 'OFFSET_AV_RATIO')) * 60^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a real number, not 'NoneType'
 p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
Last edit: 16 Dec 2023 04:28 by beauxnez.

More
16 Dec 2023 04:32 - 16 Dec 2023 04:36 #288291 by beauxnez
tommylight
[i] [/i]
Torch ON = digital output (through relay for safety)ARC OK = digital in , optional as it can also be derived from arc voltage quite reliably
ARC Voltage = encoder input in counter/velocity mode, directly from Mesa THCAD if it can handle 5V, use a resistor for 3.3V input.

yes I think that on this side it will not be too difficult for me, the most complicated thing will be to modify the ini file, hal.......
Last edit: 16 Dec 2023 04:36 by beauxnez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Dec 2023 18:36 #288354 by cakeslob
beauxnez, its probably going to be easier to setup qtplasmac first with the installer thing, then add remora to your qtplasmac config, instead of the other way around

More
16 Dec 2023 20:06 - 16 Dec 2023 20:18 #288361 by rbobey1989
Hello, I would like to add to this last topic about height control and the use of a QDC module or ENC software for the EC500 and EC300 boards, which, as I mentioned previously, the optocouplers that have the inputs on these boards do not allow the use of an encoder directly because they are too slow and lose pulses and the QDC module loses counting, so the hardware would have to be modified. I have made a design for a board to connect up to 4 encoders. I leave you the schematic and a 3D image of the encoder. of the board, obviously we would have to have the ENC_BOARD manufactured and that has an added cost, it would be great to find optocouplers fast enough that share the same footprint as the L246 used in the EC500/EC300 boards, I have not found them but if anyone has Anyone in mind to report, I have used RJ45 connectors thinking about crimping the same cable that the encoders of my motors have, however feel free to give ideas in this regard, the spaces located within the 4 DIPs are two 24->5V regulators/ 24->3V3 that I had before and will be assembled later, later I will see how I can share the project through EasyEDA or the *.json files on Github greetings
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2023 20:18 by rbobey1989.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrysonW

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds