Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
20 Jul 2022 02:18 #247806 by MX_Master
DMA stream works in circular mode. And yea, for each channel we must have a buffer of states for the GPIO BSRR register.

About inaccurate values of frequency.. It's all about timer's prescaler (16bit) and period (16bit) limits. Inaccurate duty cycle values - it's DMA bus latency related issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 22:59 #248085 by scotta
The number of Ethernet controllers supported by Remora firmware is increasing  . The Digital Dream EC500 is now 99% working with just the NVMPG and spindle analogue to resolve.

The owner of the board below will start testing soon. This board I hope (fingers crossed) will have the spindle analogue working as it uses the same components as the NVEM v3 I have. The EC500 board that I received looks to be an older version using a op amp for the analogue out.

With the number of boards increasing I'm proposing to change both the repo and the naming of the LinuxCNC component.

Propose to change / new repo to Remora-Novusun and have sub directories for the NVEM and EC500 etc.

The LinuxCNC Ethernet component to change to Remora-nv

Would this cause to many issues for people?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, MX_Master, kwarup

More
23 Jul 2022 07:15 #248098 by MX_Master
Naming is the biggest problem of programming :)

More
24 Jul 2022 01:23 #248149 by scotta
A short video on the EC500.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, wazza77, kwarup

More
24 Jul 2022 13:41 #248167 by kwarup
Hi Scot, EC500 will have better frequency more than 40khz ?

More
24 Jul 2022 21:34 #248193 by scotta
The default is 40khz but in the config and LinuxCNC loadrt command it is possible to increase the base thread frequency. Capped at 120khz at the moment.

MX_master's posts has got me working on a DMA step generator which should get the step rate significantly higher, I hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwarup

More
24 Jul 2022 23:21 #248200 by Murphy
This is great work. Currently doing a Denford mill retrofit with parallel cards. I also have an emco little CNC waiting to get converted. Is it possible to get these to work with encoder inputs? Ie a toolchanger?.

More
24 Jul 2022 23:24 #248201 by scotta

This is great work. Currently doing a Denford mill retrofit with parallel cards. I also have an emco little CNC waiting to get converted. Is it possible to get these to work with encoder inputs? Ie a toolchanger?.

For 3D printer controllers, Remora has encoder support. Both in software and QEI for high speed. This is a feature that could be added to the NVEM and EC500 versions.

More
25 Jul 2022 06:25 #248222 by Murphy
If this feature and a higher step rate could be achieved it would be fantastic. Iv just ordered one for about 90 euro from China to have a play around with.

More
25 Jul 2022 10:06 #248234 by MX_Master
Middle speed counting is possible for the NVEM. High speed counting - is not.

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds