Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
13 Feb 2023 13:06 - 13 Feb 2023 13:08 #264427 by REX299
Hello, I need your help!
I am trying to play with LinuxCNC on my EC500, but not success. I follow these steps:
1. Flash Firmware with Pyocd=> Successed
2. Install the lastest LinuxCNC on my PC, then do halcompile the "remora-nv.c" => OK
3. Set the PC ip to: 10.10.10.10, netmask set to 8, Gateway set to 10.10.10.1 then try to ping IP with good respond.
4. Copy the basic config from Scotta to Linux config folder.
5. Run LinuxCNC fine !
==> But no lucky that the LinuxCNC always at ESTOP state so I cant do anything with it. Try to use NO switch as Emergency button, connect one wire to COM- Pin, another wire to IN02 then test for sure but nothing.
I go through page to page to find out anyone have the same problem but till no luck, as Scotta said seem my board have not successfully connected to PC. 
Please help me how to check where the problem come from, correct me if I wrong, Thank all guy.

P/s some picture of my state if you need some more clearly info.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Feb 2023 13:08 by REX299.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2023 13:35 #264429 by dec0077
10.10.10.10 is the ip address hardcoded in the firmware, you should set the ip address of your pc on the same subnet but with a different ip, i.e. 10.10.10.2. If I'm not mistaken, the netmask is /24 instead of /8; you don't need to set a gateway.

As things are now, at best you are pinging yourself on the pc network interface instead of the ec500 card, at worst there is an ip conflict on the subnet: it's not surprising LinuxCNC does not want to come out of the estop state as it's not really communicating with the card.

Alberto M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: REX299

More
13 Feb 2023 22:54 #264466 by rbobey1989
Hello everyone, this weekend I received my ec300, I managed to flash it without problems by the two methods described here DAPLink and CMSIS-DAP without problems, although I must say that DAPLink only worked for me on Windows since in linux it always fails, CMSIS- DAP only tested on Ubuntu works perfect.

Ok here is my problem, after a lot of fighting to get RS232 serial output connected directly to the DIP COM onboard pins of my motherboard, which I couldn't get to work
EC300                  Motherboard
RXD pin    ---->           PIN3
Pin TXD    ---->           PIN2
The JCOM physical serial port of my motherboard works because making a short between pins 2 and 3 I have a return on CuteCom, RealTerm etc.

Almost given up I decided to solder two wires to the R2OUT T2IN pins, skipping the MAX3232 IC and !!!!eureka!!!!! using a USB-TTL(FT232RL) I had a serial output, from my point of view I have the MAX3232 IC of my EC300 wrong.

I have not tested if the nvmpg works, it would be hard to check it because it works with the LPUART5 which is also connected to the MAX3232 IC, I am waiting for a new order for some stlink since the one I had has died.

I ask for some advice about it!!!!!

More
14 Feb 2023 06:06 #264484 by REX299
Thanks for reply! That my fault, re config IP as you said then problem solve. But something weird with my config that extend estop button not working (LinuxCNC not jump to Estop state when triggered). I do check the Hal status and it show True and False value when extend estop is triggered/ untriggered (picture attached), so Linuxcnc knows the signal but not respond to it. 

Attachments:

More
14 Feb 2023 06:51 #264486 by scotta

Hello everyone, this weekend I received my ec300, I managed to flash it without problems by the two methods described here DAPLink and CMSIS-DAP without problems, although I must say that DAPLink only worked for me on Windows since in linux it always fails, CMSIS- DAP only tested on Ubuntu works perfect.

Ok here is my problem, after a lot of fighting to get RS232 serial output connected directly to the DIP COM onboard pins of my motherboard, which I couldn't get to work
EC300                  Motherboard
RXD pin    ---->           PIN3
Pin TXD    ---->           PIN2
The JCOM physical serial port of my motherboard works because making a short between pins 2 and 3 I have a return on CuteCom, RealTerm etc.

Almost given up I decided to solder two wires to the R2OUT T2IN pins, skipping the MAX3232 IC and !!!!eureka!!!!! using a USB-TTL(FT232RL) I had a serial output, from my point of view I have the MAX3232 IC of my EC300 wrong.

I have not tested if the nvmpg works, it would be hard to check it because it works with the LPUART5 which is also connected to the MAX3232 IC, I am waiting for a new order for some stlink since the one I had has died.

I ask for some advice about it!!!!!

Great to hear that you got the firmware flashed successfully. I'm pretty certain that you will need the IO power connected so that the MAX3232 is powered up.

More
14 Feb 2023 09:09 - 14 Feb 2023 09:11 #264492 by lyntik
Hello.
I've got Novusun NVEM V2 and flashed it with github.com/scottalford75/Remora-NVEM.git...ease\Remora-NVEM.bin.
My task is to write program in Windows, that moves stepper motor for exact number of steps.
I wrote simple client, that connects to Udp server on PRU and execute the following sequence:
memset(&txData, 0, sizeof(txData));
txData.header = PRU_WRITE;
txData.jointFreqCmd[0] = 1000;
txData.jointEnable = 1;
socket->write((char*)&txData, 68);
It moves motor for 10+-1 step, if I send
txData.jointFreqCmd[0] = 5000;
motor moves for 50+-10 steps.
Of course I can correct freq until motor reaches the demand position as done in remora-eth.c, but at any time my computer may become busy and this may have negative impact on the process. Moreover if the motor moves out of position, it will need to return, which is critical to the resolution of my system (bi direction resolution is always worse)
So, it looks like I should tune configs or even write some code at firmware. Could you point me in the right direction ? Thx.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2023 09:11 by lyntik.

More
14 Feb 2023 09:11 - 14 Feb 2023 09:18 #264493 by lyntik
Last edit: 14 Feb 2023 09:18 by lyntik.

More
14 Feb 2023 10:19 #264495 by scotta
Hi, Remora relies on the complete motion control loop provided by LinuxCNC and the off loaded remora component. Remora accepts a velocity (frequency) command with actual step feedback to LinuxCNC which is then fed into the control loop. You cannot ask Remora to execute a certain number of steps like other systems.

More
14 Feb 2023 12:24 #264502 by lyntik
Ok, thanks!

More
14 Feb 2023 14:24 #264510 by rbobey1989
Hi Scott, thanks for your answer which is always welcome, I have connected the power to the I/O before when I was testing so I don't think it is the problem, however I have not measured the power to the MAX3232 IC which would be a good starting point, I imagine that in your reverse engineering work you have some EC300 schematics if you can help me with that, I appreciate it, I didn't look much more but I imagine that all the I/O has a separate regulator circuit for power, regards everyone, and Scott great job

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds