Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
07 Jul 2023 19:39 #274951 by tuxcnc

Download the Linuxcnc manual, you will learn a lot from it. if you want things to just work spend money on another suite like centroid CNC , mach4 etc

Never give others advice that you don't want to get yourself ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2023 20:04 #274958 by Murphy

Download the Linuxcnc manual, you will learn a lot from it. if you want things to just work spend money on another suite like centroid CNC , mach4 etc

lol, you come across like such a nice guy lol. do you want me to doc what I did to upload the firmware etc to the board. It looks like i used the same Chinese st-links as you have. 

More
07 Jul 2023 20:23 #274961 by zmrdko
You need to compile and install remora component. Copying files with code does not help. Search this thread for “halcompile”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy

More
07 Jul 2023 20:28 #274963 by tuxcnc

lol, you come across like such a nice guy lol. do you want me to doc what I did to upload the firmware etc to the board. It looks like i used the same Chinese st-links as you have. 

It seems that you uploaded firmware, but you don't know words "halcompile --install" from Linuxcnc documentation...
I suspect I can't help you more, because I use Linuxcnc 2.10 on Debian 11, not Python on Windows...

More
07 Jul 2023 20:33 #274965 by meister
sudo halcompile --install remora-nv.c
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy

More
08 Jul 2023 18:22 #275035 by Murphy
This seems to be working. When you toggle the emergency stop it also toggles the conn LED on the board. Thanks for everyone that has helped. I just finished a retrofit of a denford mill with paraport and linuxcnc a few weeks back.This is a bit more involved but I'll learn it. This board will be used for an emco PC Turn 55.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
09 Jul 2023 04:21 #275057 by tuxcnc

This board will be used for an emco PC Turn 55.

Are you planning a spindle encoder?

More
09 Jul 2023 06:11 #275063 by Murphy

This board will be used for an emco PC Turn 55.

Are you planning a spindle encoder?

Yes eventually. I have a classic ladder file for the 6 position tool changer from a YouTube guy called the  feral engineer also.

More
09 Jul 2023 06:31 #275064 by tuxcnc

Yes eventually.

I ask because there is no spindle encoder support in EC500.
I seen there is mpg encoder in config, but i cant test anything because I have not machine for test yet.
(There are some reasons that I can't use my lathe. I build a model of lathe, but not finished yet.)
I wonder, is the ability of use mpg-encoder inputs for spindle...
(I need rigid tapping, not simple threading with index only.)

More
09 Jul 2023 07:48 #275068 by Murphy

Yes eventually.

I ask because there is no spindle encoder support in EC500.
I seen there is mpg encoder in config, but i cant test anything because I have not machine for test yet.
(There are some reasons that I can't use my lathe. I build a model of lathe, but not finished yet.)
I wonder, is the ability of use mpg-encoder inputs for spindle...
(I need rigid tapping, not simple threading with index only.

Im not sure, I think there is the ability in Remora for high speed encoder, but it's not yet implemented with this board. 

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds