Remora for RP2040

More
15 Aug 2024 23:24 #307848 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Remora for RP2040
Hey Scott, about adding the encoders. The RP2040 W5500 firmware is similar to the STM32 W5500 firmware, in the sense that they both use the pingpong buffer thing. Ive been trying to add encoders/PWM to that firmware, but Im encountering an issue. I dont know where to send the data. There are examples for digital in/out and stepgen stuff, but there is no examples for PV/SP modules. Where ever its going, it should be similar for both firmwares.

Here is my initial attempt at encoders, but I cannot yet get it to compile
github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55.../Src/modules/encoder

Here is what Drew and I were working on for PWM, it compiles, but doesnt yet work either.
github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55...main/Src/modules/pwm

I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers? (pun intended)
But seriously, where do we send the data for PV/SP? The pointers are different than the other versions of remora, and I am stuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2024 23:51 #307975 by scotta
Replied by scotta on topic Remora for RP2040
For the RP2040 Andrew implemented the double buffers and methods to get the current buffer.

this->rxData = getCurrentRxBuffer(&rxPingPongBuffer);
this->txData = getCurrentTxBuffer(&txPingPongBuffer);

I'm waiting on stock of the RP2340 to arrive so I can get another new toy. It looks like the RP1 is getting more and more popular and with the version of the RP2340 with more IO would allow for even more functionality.

Might be a good excuse to learn the PIO stuff and port over the other Remora modules. At the time I did the RP2040 it was suitcase project while I was travelling for work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsemast

More
24 Aug 2024 13:52 #308534 by itsemast
Replied by itsemast on topic Remora for RP2040
I have found an example of communication between RPi5 (RP1) and RP2040 over SPI:  rpi5-rp1-spi . Perhaps it can be useful?

More
04 Sep 2024 16:35 #309368 by xaxexa
Replied by xaxexa on topic Remora for RP2040
Hello everyone, can someone send an example of a PWM spindle configuration with feedback? HAL file and config.txt for loading into rp 2040

More
04 Sep 2024 20:44 #309378 by scotta
Replied by scotta on topic Remora for RP2040
The software Remora PWM module would need to be ported over to the RP2040 firmware. Or better still, a hardware version developed.

More
05 Sep 2024 13:24 #309405 by xaxexa
Replied by xaxexa on topic Remora for RP2040
are you going to do it? or some problem and it is not possible? i tried to understand the original firmware cat but it seems to be too complicated for me...

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds