Anyone with succesful Rack Type Tool Changer with Auto Tool length probe ?

More
24 Apr 2019 16:27 #131775 by andypugh

1) Can you explain how to activate Pneumatic cylinder using parallel port configuration to declamp tool how to setup output pin delay and all ? I m not able to find any details of output.

Use a G-code digital output
net tool-clamp motion.digital-out-00 => parport.0.pin-00-out

2) Also in last lines you said that tool table decides tool pocket Location,

I didn't say that. I said that it could.

If you load the selected tool and do a g43 then the parameters #5401 to #5409 will take the values from the tool table.
You aren't using UVW so you could use those tool table entries to hold the pocket locations for each tool and move there with a G53 absolute move.
G53 G0 X#5407 Y#5408
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2019 16:40 #131777 by marq_torque
Great,

I m trying it just in a while.

Thanks,
Ankit

More
24 Apr 2019 21:44 #131798 by marq_torque
Hello Andy, Hello pl7i92,

I am almost done with this setup, thanks tonns, actually G 38.2 i didnt tried on machine, will try tomorrow with dummy switch.

Apart from that I found one bug, whenever i close EMC with tool in spindle, its not saving existing tool, it shows no tool in next startup. any ideas to avoid this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit

File Attachment:

File Name: rack_change.ngc
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2019 22:04 #131799 by andypugh

Apart from that I found one bug, whenever i close EMC with tool in spindle, its not saving existing tool, it shows no tool in next startup. any ideas to avoid this ?

That's normal, but is also something that is being looked in to.

(It's not a bug, LinuxCNC has always done that)

More
24 Apr 2019 22:14 #131800 by marq_torque
Yes my bad, its not bug its normal... Okay, so all the time when machine starts up we need to remove tool manually and place it in its pocket and then after i can get GCode running.?

Are there any parameters for this ? To overcome this situation ?

Thanks,
Ankit

More
24 Apr 2019 22:47 #131802 by andypugh
Not at the moment.

Supposedly it is good practice to unload tools at the end of the day (not that I bother)

M6 T0 before shutting down?

More
28 Apr 2019 02:14 #132144 by marq_torque
Yes AndyPugh, i tried unloading with M6T0

But problem with my spindle is, its Alfred Jaeger HF spindle 10000-600000RPM, it cant be left unloaded without tool for longer time, or cant be forced to run without tool loaded into it. Doing so can damage spindle collet mechanism and internals Warned by Manufacturer

So have to think over how to keep tool into it and still manage to change with respective number. :(

More
28 Apr 2019 09:47 #132165 by andypugh
Have you read this series of posts? There is a solution here that will tide you over until something gets built-in to LinuxCNC.

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...mory?start=10#130062

More
28 Apr 2019 12:45 - 28 Apr 2019 12:48 #132171 by bevins
There will always be a free pocket unless you place the tool in the spindle in the rack. Either way you can check to see if there is a free pocket, assuming you have switches that detect a tool in pocket, and if, tool in spindle, then you have the tool thats in the spindle. I do this on every tool change so I know the status of tool-rack and whats in the spindle.

I can do this because I have sensors that detect if there is a tool in the spindle and sensors that detect if there is a tool in each pocket.

I also set selected tool and pocket before updating parameters after I set toolchange flag to true. I dont know if Linuxcnc really needs this because on every tool change, I run the functions to test what I asked for and where the tool is.

Keep in mind doing this you need the tool# to be the same as the tool_pocket always. So you have to govern yourself accordingly when setting up tools and doing your cam stuff.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2019 12:48 by bevins.

More
03 May 2020 07:39 #166479 by aluplastvz
Regards to all
I was somewhat able to run this example ATC and it works fine, but I have two questions if you can help me,
1. how to do new tool = current tool ignore tool replacement.
2. my machine requires tool orientation
Thanks a lot

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds