Switch between AXIS tabs with GladeVCP button?

More
31 Jan 2019 03:09 #125369 by pferrick
That works just fine, Phill...thank you very much! Now to see about getting everything ON the tabs to work correctly! (that's mostly a solved problem, fortunately)

Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2019 03:51 #125448 by phillc54

cmorley wrote:
We should collect your code snippets and add it to the official docs.
they are very useful

Chris,
I have put some odds and ends together, how/where would you like me to send them?

Cheers, Phill.

More
01 Feb 2019 06:29 #125451 by cmorley
If you are a member of the linuxcnc maillist you could email me there or for convenience you could compress them and post them here.

Chris M

More
08 Feb 2019 02:03 #125969 by pferrick
Hi Phill-

Since you so generously provided the modifications to .axisrc that enabled me to switch AXIS tabs via HAL buttons, I have been busy whipping up a very nice GladeVCP panel.

I've just noticed something, though, that has me stumped and I am hoping that you'd be willing to shed just a bit more light on it.

When I open a g-code file, I see the blue progress bar go all the way across the bottom of the screen as well as the correct preview (the backplot)...but then I see a floating hourglass and things stay that way indefinitely! Interestingly, everything on my GladeVCP panel seems to still work. Through a fairly laborious process of commenting out one thing at a time, I have determined that the code added to .axisrc is somehow directly related to this behavior.

If, when you have a spare moment you could take a look at my .axisrc (and hopefully suggest a modification) I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks again,
Patrick

ps - had a bunch of difficulty trying to add .axisrc, or even axisrc (it seems as though you MUST include an acceptable extension....!) Didn't want you to think I actually called it axisrc.h ;-)

File Attachment:

File Name: axisrc.h
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
08 Feb 2019 02:38 #125971 by pferrick
Here is the relevant part of my .ini file, which might be helpful. (But as I mentioned before, I tried running AXIS without any of these tabs etc. and still had the problem, so perhaps it isn't so necessary.)
[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = axis

# add GladeVCP panels...
GLADEVCP = -d -u pkf.py geometry_test.glade

EMBED_TAB_NAME = Probe
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn ppp gladevcp -c ppp -x {XID} -u probe.py pkf_probe2.glade

EMBED_TAB_NAME = Toolchanger
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn ttt gladevcp -c ttt -x {XID} toolchange.glade

EMBED_TAB_NAME = Camera
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn ccc gladevcp -c ccc -x {XID} camera.glade

EMBED_TAB_NAME = File Open
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn fff gladevcp -c fff -x {XID} -u file.py file.glade

EMBED_TAB_NAME = Calculator
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn rrr gladevcp -c rrr -x {XID}  calculator.glade

More
08 Feb 2019 02:39 #125972 by phillc54
I created a seven button GladeVCP panel and ran it with an Axis sim but could not find a problem.
Could you post your complete config.

Cheers, Phill.

More
08 Feb 2019 03:30 #125973 by pferrick
Hi-

Thanks very much for taking a look. I'll try to get the whole config put together tonight, but if I don't quite get to it (I have a bunch of somewhat (!) more important "real" work to attend to) I will put it up tomorrow.

regards,
Patrick

More
08 Feb 2019 03:58 #125975 by phillc54
I forgot to ask, does this problem occur with every gcode file or one specific file.

More
08 Feb 2019 22:58 #126022 by pferrick
Hi again Phill-

The problem occurs with any g-code file. And I've narrowed the problem down (possibly!) to the number of TAB entries in the .axisrc file. I've zipped the whole config with a 'working' and a 'not working' version of .axisrc.

File Attachment:

File Name: PKF.tar.gz
File Size:10 KB

I've tried many combinations of 'if happy' entries. It seems as though things are OK with two (either the non-user preview and DRO tabs OR any two user tabs). Adding a third entry (either one user tab along with preview + DRO -or- three user tabs) seems to trigger the problem. Hopefully that's a clue that will mean more to you than it does to me!!!!

Let's hope that you can re-create the problem, anyway.

Thanks again,
Patrick
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2019 03:32 - 09 Feb 2019 03:41 #126030 by phillc54
This seems to be caused by using Popen as a workaround to read HAL pins for LinuxCNC 2.7.
I guess it is some sort of timing issue.
If we scan four or less buttons per cycle time we can get it to work consistently.
Note that you have a couple less buttons than tabs.

The following workaround for the workaround seems to behave (for 2.7):
Warning: Spoiler!

LinuxCNC Master branch does not exhibit this problem using the hal module to read pins.
The following code seems to work ok (for master branch):
Warning: Spoiler!

Cheers, Phill.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 03:41 by phillc54.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds