Ethercat HAL driver

More
13 Feb 2018 04:22 - 13 Feb 2018 04:24 #105810 by Weiler810T
Weiler810T replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver
Hello Chimeno

I'm looking for a solution to absolutposititionsencoderdata (Heidenhain Endat22) in Linuxcnc make available. With EK 1100 and EL5032 that would be theoretically possible, only I have no idea how to do it
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2018 04:24 by Weiler810T.
More
13 Feb 2018 22:19 #105842 by chimeno
chimeno replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver
Hello Siggi,
link how to install ethercat igh with linuxcnc wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver
for the module el5032 you will have to build a new controller since it is not available in the examples
also you would have to look at installing TWINCAP3 windows to test the module and see the configuration to be able to export it.
you need a compatible network card with real time, I advise you the intel pro1000 with the e1000e driver works very well in both RTAI and RT-PREEMPT

regards
Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weiler810T
More
14 Feb 2018 01:31 #105849 by sirop
sirop replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver

chimeno wrote: Hello Siggi,
for the module el5032 you will have to build a new controller since it is not available in the examples


Can't he go the way of "generic slave" in case of el5032 as his programming skills are so poor?
More
14 Feb 2018 03:37 #105855 by sqmathlete
sqmathlete replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver
@ Chimeno,

Nice work on extending the types of terminals that can be used with the EthercatHal Driver.

these are the modules that I have running on linuxcnc:
EK1100
EK1122
EK1110
EL1098
EL2624
EL2088
EL2004
EL1004
EL9410
EL9576
EL3403
EL3773
EL9110
EL9210
AX5021
AX5203
AX5206


1) Would it be possible for you to describe a bit more in detail how to use TwinCat3 to export the information required to use terminals not originally supported/listed at wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver ? and how to make the modules? Please be explicit as I too fall into the low programming skill category. Also can 12 bit terminals be used e.g. EL4004 12 bit Analog Out?

2) I have a couple of EL9110 terminals that I was thinking about using, can you post the file?

Kind Regards,
Dan
More
15 Feb 2018 21:58 #105995 by chimeno
chimeno replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver
hi Siggi and Dan
Most modules are simple and the configuration that comes with "default" can be read through ethercat, terminal attachment with ethercat commands.
Dan you attached the example of EL9110 you can compare since it is a very easy module, the EL4004 module can be used without problems, any that works with protocol ethercat per operate!
 
Siggi the module EL5032 is a bit more complicated, I can help you, if you have it execute these commands and teach me and I'll give you a simple example.

I can not explain the whole process as it is complicated, I took a long time, but practice and with many hours you can get it !!

The TWINCAT3 application is the last one to perform configuration tests in more complicated modules that you have to configure using SOE or IDN also for the different PDO configurations, I also use TWINCAT3 with WIRESHARK to analyze the transmission of in the network, in the manuals of " Beckhoff's ELxxxx "is the procedure of how to insert and work with TWINCAT3.

regards
Albert
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sqmathlete, Weiler810T
More
17 Feb 2018 10:17 #106069 by Weiler810T
Weiler810T replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver
I found this Predefined PDO Assignment for EL5032

infosys.beckhoff.com/index.php?content=..../2404455691.html&id=

Can you start something with it ?
More
18 Feb 2018 20:37 - 18 Feb 2018 20:38 #106150 by chimeno
chimeno replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver

Weiler810T wrote: I found this Predefined PDO Assignment for EL5032

infosys.beckhoff.com/index.php?content=..../2404455691.html&id=

Can you start something with it ?


Hello Weiler810T,
Here is the manual, download.beckhoff.com/download/document/...rminals/el5032en.pdf , it is best to proceed little by little, they may have multiple errors and you do not know where they come from, the best is that you connect the module to the pc and scans using the ethercat commands, if you do not install in TWINCAT3 windows connect the sensor to the module, insert it in a configuration and check it to work and read the input with a sensor you have, then you pass the configuration.

regards
Chimeno
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2018 20:38 by chimeno.
More
19 Feb 2018 02:56 #106164 by Weiler810T
Weiler810T replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver

chimeno wrote:

Weiler810T wrote: I found this Predefined PDO Assignment for EL5032

infosys.beckhoff.com/index.php?content=..../2404455691.html&id=

Can you start something with it ?


Hello Weiler810T,
Here is the manual, download.beckhoff.com/download/document/...rminals/el5032en.pdf , it is best to proceed little by little, they may have multiple errors and you do not know where they come from, the best is that you connect the module to the pc and scans using the ethercat commands, if you do not install in TWINCAT3 windows connect the sensor to the module, insert it in a configuration and check it to work and read the input with a sensor you have, then you pass the configuration.

regards
Chimeno


Hello

This is going to be a long time project, because I get a white beard and look like Santa Claus :blink:

Siggi
More
20 Feb 2018 20:14 #106250 by chimeno
chimeno replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver

Weiler810T wrote:

chimeno wrote:

Weiler810T wrote: I found this Predefined PDO Assignment for EL5032

infosys.beckhoff.com/index.php?content=..../2404455691.html&id=

Can you start something with it ?


Hello Weiler810T,
Here is the manual, download.beckhoff.com/download/document/...rminals/el5032en.pdf , it is best to proceed little by little, they may have multiple errors and you do not know where they come from, the best is that you connect the module to the pc and scans using the ethercat commands, if you do not install in TWINCAT3 windows connect the sensor to the module, insert it in a configuration and check it to work and read the input with a sensor you have, then you pass the configuration.

regards
Chimeno


Hello

This is going to be a long time project, because I get a white beard and look like Santa Claus :blink:

Siggi



Hello siggi,
you have the module EK1100 and the EL5032?, can I connect it and read the information?

regards
Chimeno
More
21 Feb 2018 04:35 #106266 by Weiler810T
Weiler810T replied the topic: Ethercat HAL driver

Hello siggi,
you have the module EK1100 and the EL5032?, can I connect it and read the information?



Hello Chimeno

No, I have to get the parts first, can take a while..;)

Siggi
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum