An open source Emco 120P lathe tool turret control

More
15 May 2016 21:26 #74693 by Zahnrad Kopf
I guess I could hack my way through it, or at the very least bribe me EE friend with a case of beer to do it for me. I simply thought to try your board out in my 220P and things are more attractive to me when I can buy the package complete. I understand that it might even sound a mite whiny ( given the nature of the forum ), but keeping the shop running and customer parts shipping leaves my desire for for hacking through electronic adventures lower than they used to be. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2016 22:01 #74696 by LutzTD
totally understand, but tome is the one who designed the pcba, Im just building a copy. Im an ME by trade so this is my first adventure into a pcba. It has taken a while to get to this point, if I were a working shop it wouldnt have been worthwhile so I totally understand. I could do one for you at some point in the future but I would want to get you something better than I can offer right now.

More
16 May 2016 17:51 #74760 by tome

As I understand it I can cycle the toolchanger with the Toolerator3000 by pushing the snap switches?.

Yes IIRC, one switch moves the turret until you push it a second time, the other moves it to the next tool position.
-Tom

More
21 May 2016 17:57 #74917 by LutzTD
wooohooo Toolerator3000 worked the first try. I ran it without the toolholder plate first to make sure the direction it turned was correct. Then put on the plate and cycled it with the button closest to the arduino connectors. Im excited as this was the only worrisome part of the emco conversion. :) :) :) :) :)

More
21 May 2016 19:29 #74921 by Zahnrad Kopf
That is great and I am happy for you! I would love to see the video but it is marked "private".

More
21 May 2016 21:35 #74925 by LutzTD
thanx, not very good at youtube, i think it should work now.

More
21 May 2016 23:46 - 21 May 2016 23:47 #74928 by Zahnrad Kopf
Take my money. :woohoo: :lol:

Somebody make me one of these and I will purchase it to put in my 220P.
Last edit: 21 May 2016 23:47 by Zahnrad Kopf.

More
02 Jun 2016 09:42 #75322 by laserberry
Hello,

Do you sell the PCB, as I want to convert my Emco Turn 120 to this system.

Thanks in advance,
Berry

More
02 Jun 2016 11:12 - 03 Jun 2016 21:12 #75324 by LutzTD
email sent, your bare pcb will go out in the mail tomorrow at lunch. don't forget to post your build here :)

post office wont take a PCB in a letter for international shipping. for everyone else, Please, no more requests to ship internationally..... Ill try to get this one out but no more.

the second post office I tried took it, we'll see if it makes it. keep your fingers crossed.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2016 21:12 by LutzTD.

More
16 Jun 2016 20:28 #76185 by Robban
Has any one tried using it on a PC Turn 120?
Anyone in europé interested in a pcb board if i order some, the shipping will be appr 6 euro + the pcb cost.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds