Retrofitting WEEKE BP05

More
23 Apr 2015 18:53 #58042 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05

I would suggest a more common solution which is the 5I25 (or 6I25) and the 7I77

The 7i77 seems to be out of stock everywhere, though...
The following user(s) said Thank You: urkee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2015 03:26 #58053 by urkee
Replied by urkee on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05
Never mind i can wait to show up, i need time to read every topic mentioning 5i25(6i25)+7i77 kit.

More
30 Sep 2015 01:49 #63220 by boyzo
Replied by boyzo on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05

okay, with no deep knowledge of bussystem, realtimesystems, linux, gcc, git ... it would be a hard way.
I can assist you with setup hal and ini files, but at the moment I'm not yet able to share plc components or so. Because
they use special libs from my company....
On the other hand there is the "Mesa" Way, there is an much bigger community who can assist you...

Hello db,

I did complete configuration of 3 axis with Mesa cards. But recently there is big problems with Mesa supply and I tested Beckhoff Ethercat. It works and I plan to continue with EM7004 ( I will get one for test this days). Can you share your hal configuration for driving axis with EM7004?
Thank you.
Regards Bojan

More
03 Jul 2016 13:54 #76937 by Marki123
Replied by Marki123 on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05
Hello I have an old Weeke BP 10 wit a NUM 750 and i would like to operate this Machine with Linux cmc too. For that i have Mesa cards 5i25+7i77+7i71. I have seen that you have your machine also rebuilt. Can you give me any help with the wiring? Thanks

Marcel

More
22 Jul 2018 16:53 - 22 Jul 2018 17:12 #114676 by urkee
Retrofitting is almost finished, thank you all, for your sugestions. Does anybody know is there option to remove third zero in AXIS dro (to downgrade precision in mm) i think it could help us to make good PID tunning. We have problem, maschine moves jerky and vibrates when standstill. Weeke is woodworking maschining centre with 0.006375mm encoder count, and 0.00mm DRO could make things easier that could be good option for all woodworking maschines.

maschine in work
Last edit: 22 Jul 2018 17:12 by urkee. Reason: some photos didn't upload

More
22 Jul 2018 20:08 #114677 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05
Have a read through this :
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to

If you follow that correctly, you will have a smooth and fast moving machine. Also post your hal and ini files here so we can have a look.
Those things can do much more and much faster cutting, what is the spindle max RPM?

More
23 Jul 2018 12:16 #114697 by urkee
Thanks for joining tommylight,

after reading this instruction I followed every step, but i had no success. I ended up with same parameters I had.
Everything is ok, when machine stands still. But during auto-mode when i play some program, x-axis becomes very nervous. y and z both keep their calmness but X f-error graph goes 10 times louder.
I will post video with this problem and hal oscilloscope. Maybe someone can help.

Spindle is brand new, Hiteco powertec 4kW S1, ATC,with max 24 000 RPM. VFD is 7.5 kW KEB with ASCL (closed loop) tehnology.

I have a lot of other smaller issues, but this one is critical..
Thanks in advance, every help is appreciated .
Attachments:

More
23 Jul 2018 12:36 #114699 by Todd Zuercher
Is there a chance that you might have a mechanical issue?
If the drive train for the X-axis is rack and pinion, I've seen worn components there cause all manor of issues that look on the surface like tuning problems. Look for things like worn or misaligned pinion gears, worn bearings on pinion shafts...

More
23 Jul 2018 12:43 #114700 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05
You have some very contradictory values in the ini file, namely
Velocity and max_velocity should be in units per second ( you have 45000 and 60000, that is 250 and 360 meters per minute !!! You really do not want a machine to travel that fast, even if it can )
Output_scale should be left at 10, not 1 or -1
OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT = -10 this should be the same for all axis
OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT = 10 this should be the same for all axis
f_error and min_f_error should be set at default and not changed, you have them all changed !
and some other minor issues, but you have to change the above or you will not be able to use the machine.
Are you from Croatia ?

More
23 Jul 2018 21:47 #114724 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Retrofitting WEEKE BP05
To answer the original question, you can set the display resolution using DRO_FORMAT_MM and DRO_FORMAT_INCH in the INI file in master (development) but that feature does not seem to be in the released version.
But, you can use the patch that added that change either completely or just as a guide to what files to change and where. (no need to recompile anything).

The simplest thing is to edit glcanon.py on your system at line 1330
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.7/li...274/glcanon.py#L1330

Change the format strings from 9.3f to 9.2f (for metric)

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds