PiDiCNC Control System

More
02 Mar 2019 01:39 #127472 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PiDiCNC Control System
No!
No price, nor info on how and where to order them, just checked their website, still no prices there and no way to order.
Pity, they do work nicely and are of very high quality electronics.
Last post on their forum was 2 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2019 19:35 #127534 by viktan
Replied by viktan on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Hi,

Thanks for interest! :)
Project pidi was postponed due to problems with gpu. I know this is mainly a cnc controler but I had a bad feedback from some customers, some decide to not use it due to this problem. If they load a big g-code, gui had a slow response and they claimed that Raspberry pi does not have enough power for something like cnc control.

I have good news, new raspbian supporting hardware accelerated opengl and the performance is significantly better :)

Now I work on some testing equipment and price will be around 80€ for card with box.

Tommylight, I sent to you a board for testing. We are talking about any problematic behavior after power off linuxcnc. Do you remember what was the problem?

V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Mar 2019 20:47 - 02 Mar 2019 20:48 #127545 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PiDiCNC Control System

Now I work on some testing equipment and price will be around 80€ for card with box.

Tommylight, I sent to you a board for testing. We are talking about any problematic behavior after power off linuxcnc. Do you remember what was the problem?

V.

That is a nice price, for sure and also can you please send me some boxes, like 20 of them ! :) I really like DIN mounted boxes and i can not find them here.
Yes i do remember, the E-stop out would stay active after closing Linuxcnc.
In general all outputs should be brought down to 0 when for whatever reason it looses communication with Linuxcnc.
That would help even in cases where Linux crashes.

Hmmm BTW where can i get that image ?
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 20:48 by tommylight. Reason: Added more info

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds