7i77 to AC Yaskawa Drive assistance.

More
13 Sep 2018 15:06 #117465 by scubawarm
I had actually caught that in my reading/research last night lowered it to 300, but given it is still on blocks... No harm yet.

WELL... I have discovered something. When I activate the drives the DRO screen on Axis the X,Y,Z just start climbing. DTG values don't move.
This is without doing anything. NOTE: The drives are NOT moving or vibrating. Not long and I get the error.

If I do hit a job quick. The motors turn and things seem to work. BUT can't overcome the continual drifting.

So either it is my LOOP not understanding what it is getting (config in LinuxCNC) or something in the configuration of the drives themselves.

I did reverify all wiring and it checked out. Only difference is I did not connect anything to TB-3.3 as the TB5-3.3 is connected to CN1.6

Is this any help as to where I should be looking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2018 15:22 #117466 by PCW
CN1.6 is the speed reference common at needs to be wired separately to TB5 (its suggested to use a twisted pair from CN1.5,CN1.6 to 7I77 TB5)

The encoder ground should probably connected to CN1.1

Are the drives disabled when linuxCNC is not running?

More
13 Sep 2018 17:30 - 13 Sep 2018 17:30 #117471 by scubawarm
Yes I had them wired like that, in the process of changing to twisted pair as well.
Connected the encoder ground to CN1.1 as well.

Yes the motors don't get power until Toggle machine power is clicked on the GUI, but the drives do as soon as the cabinet main power switch is thrown.

OK, something has to be wrong with my configuration.

Send a MIDI command. Drive begins moving. GUI DRO DTG begins counting down BUT the main X,Y,Z never change even after the DTG is zero... and the drive continues to run...
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 17:30 by scubawarm.

More
13 Sep 2018 18:51 #117473 by PCW
Sounds like you are not getting encoder feedback at all

More
13 Sep 2018 20:42 - 13 Sep 2018 20:44 #117484 by scubawarm
Kind of what I was thinking... how do I test that?

Can't get the Halscope to show anything either.

Why does the DTG count down... Or is that just a fudged GUI number?

And not sure if I was clear but the X,Y,Z does show the travel from the error.
Will bounce around, when it errors out then it shoots up with the value greater than the limits I had set.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 20:44 by scubawarm.

More
13 Sep 2018 22:19 #117491 by scubawarm
Well... Maybe I found a problem...

When I measure voltage accross TB5-3 and TB5-4
I get up to 5 mV shouldn't this be totally zero?

More
13 Sep 2018 22:27 #117492 by PCW
5 mV is not significant, and with your current P term of 50 would
only result in a 0.1 u static position error

(That is, with a P term of 50, a .0001 mm error would result in a 5 mV PID component output)

More
13 Sep 2018 23:17 #117493 by scubawarm
Well the motor is very slowly moving when I activate the Machine power.
Before entering a command.

It seems like the system knows the drive is moving but doesn't correct itself. The number on the screen seems to much greater than the movement though...

I have been trying some of the break features to have the drive lock it in position but haven't had much luck with that either.

More
13 Sep 2018 23:45 - 13 Sep 2018 23:46 #117495 by PCW
Slow movement most likely means there is no feedback

Does the encoder position change as it drifts? (you can set up the GUIs to show commanded or actual position, so its better to look at the actual encoder position number with halmeter)

If the encoder position is working it likely means there is a problem with the analog connection (or the drive setup)

Can you make the drive run by applying a small voltage to the analog input? (7I77 analog disconnected)
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 23:46 by PCW.

More
14 Sep 2018 01:51 #117497 by scubawarm
Ok, I'll get you the halmeter position info in the morning.

Note:. The motor will turn the proper direction and speed if I send it via the Mesa too. Also clecked out the voltage over the reference and it goes from near 0 to 9.9 volts. But I guess I can hook up a 1.5 volt battery.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds