7i77 to AC Yaskawa Drive assistance.

More
14 Sep 2018 06:18 #117502 by tommylight
Just a minor correction, drives should not be enabled when going out of e-stop, they should be enabled when the enable is active in Linuxcnc.
The way you have it now Linuxcnc has no way of stopping the motors if something goes wrong.
That should be fixed immediately, before everything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2018 09:21 - 14 Sep 2018 09:31 #117510 by scubawarm
I'm enabling the motors (sending motor power to the drive) with this.

# --- MACHINE-IS-ENABLED ---
net machine-is-enabled hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.output-09

NOT THIS

net estop-out hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.output-08

Isn't that right? That is why my motors are constantly being turned off by LinuxCNC.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2018 09:31 by scubawarm.

More
14 Sep 2018 11:32 #117516 by scubawarm
I'm just going to go new and start over right. I'm out of ideas.

Replacing all the drives and motors with DMM Dyn4. Ripping out most all the wiring in the control cabinet and starting fresh and clean. I did not like how they had AC power lines ran close to the communication lines. And just general layout of things.

I've got a great frame and tracks, heavy power supplies, had already purchased real Z guides (not cheapo plasma ones). Just do it right from the start. so we can easily replace parts etc.

I do have a question though for me to consider while I wait for the new motors and drives to get here. These have absolute position available. Is this OK to use with Mesa 7i77? Definitively for the Z and possibly for the Y where I most likely will have more then one tool on I could see this as a nice feature for homing... OR just not worth the headaches getting setup?

More
14 Sep 2018 14:22 - 14 Sep 2018 14:23 #117534 by PCW
Did you verify that you are getting encoder signals from the drives?

That seems to be the issue (you have analog output commanding the drives
but it looks like you have no feedback)

This could be as simple as a wiring mistake (differential encoder wiring has about 84 ways to wire ignoring power and most ways will not count...)

One way to check differential encoder signals with just a DVM, is to measure the voltage _across_ the A, /A and B, /B pins . The voltage across the pairs should always be >2V absolute (and should be positive and negative depending on the actual count. So by jogging the motor around you should see both states of both pins and you should never see a voltage lower than 2V absolute)

You can also check by looking at the encoder raw count pin with halmeter.. non changing counts or counts that alternate between 1 count up/down usually indicate encoder problems
Last edit: 14 Sep 2018 14:23 by PCW.

More
14 Sep 2018 14:54 #117535 by scubawarm
No honestly I didn't... Already had a guy taking out the motors and drives for me.

I had checked wiring 20 times comparing it to what you had given me... I kind of think it was related to the C loop, as the docs on the drives state that if used... blah.. blah... blah... watch out for... blah... blah... I had tried to disconnect the C but that didn't seem to make any difference either.

The DMM drives only use A and B

I guess in summary the docs for the DMM drives are much simpler to follow, and my frustration with this over the past week peeked last night with no more ideas and a desire to just have all new stuff. I'm hopefully I can get right to tuning with the new equipment when it gets here.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds