7i96 Configuration Tool Deb

More
13 Jan 2021 13:22 #195217 by BigJohnT
On the spindle tab you can configure all 4 types of PWM spindle types.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2021 13:47 #195314 by BigJohnT
Also I'd like to point out that you can configure any combination of axes with this tool, there are no preset machine types you have to use. So if you have an X U A configuration this tool will make that for you. If you just have a Z axis the tool will make a single axis configuration for you.

JT

More
24 Jan 2021 19:30 #196457 by BigJohnT
I've added stepgens, encoders and pwms by firmware selected and if a pwm is present enabled the spindle pwm.

Current version is 1.2.4
github.com/jethornton/7i96
file:///home/john/github/7i96/docs/build/html/index.html

Note: it might take a bit for Travis to update the docs.

JT

More
30 Jan 2021 13:10 #197154 by BigJohnT
I just pushed a new deb with a couple of fixes and a better check for mesaflash and the correct version of python.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, persei8

More
12 Mar 2021 17:48 #202002 by mattl
Replied by mattl on topic 7i96 Configuration Tool Deb
Thanks for making this tool, it's been a great help for me!

I noticed that your new version doesn't include any parallel port information in it. Was that by design?

More
14 Mar 2021 14:31 #202211 by BigJohnT

Thanks for making this tool, it's been a great help for me!

I noticed that your new version doesn't include any parallel port information in it. Was that by design?

I'm not sure what you mean, IIRC the 7i96 Configuration tool has never shown parallel port information.

JT

More
14 Mar 2021 15:01 #202213 by BigJohnT
I've added menu items to get a list of pins, parameters and signals and save them in the configuration directory. Makes editing the hal files easier when you can copy and past pins and parameters. I'm also reworking the deb at the moment and should have all this uploaded today. The new version is 1.2.5.

JT
Attachments:

More
15 Mar 2021 12:36 - 15 Mar 2021 13:33 #202340 by BigJohnT
I just finished adding the input invert code.

Fixed
Edit: I have a small error right now and it doesn't load the invert or normal when you open an ini...

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2021 13:33 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markyd

More
19 Mar 2021 16:33 - 19 Mar 2021 19:00 #202855 by BigJohnT
i just added a feature to auto save a copy of the configuration files before building. it's in the options tab and checked by default. If you uncheck it and save your configuration that is remembered. The saved file is a zip file with the date and time as the name and saved in separate directory called configname_backup so it's next to the configname in the file manager.

I tried like hell to save them in configname/backup but could not figure out how to not add subdirectory to the zip file when using zip in Python3 as it added extra backslash to my needed backslash.

This is an example of the needed command, notice the single backslash before the asterisks. Python3 replaced them with double asterisks
zip -rj /home/john/test/backup/zipper2 /home/john/test -x \*/home/john/test/backup\*

JT
Last edit: 19 Mar 2021 19:00 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
21 Mar 2021 11:53 - 21 Mar 2021 11:54 #203110 by BigJohnT
Ok, I figured it out finally and now when you build the configuration if backup is checked you get a zip file in configname/backups with the date and time as the name.

This is the code I finally ended up using Popen.
p1 = subprocess.Popen(['find',self.configPath,'-maxdepth','1','-type','f','-print'], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
backupFile = os.path.join(backupDir, f'{datetime.now():%m-%d-%y-%H:%M:%S}')
p2 = subprocess.Popen(['zip','-j',backupFile,'-@'], stdin=p1.stdout, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
p1.stdout.close()
output = p2.communicate()[0]
self.outputPTE.appendPlainText(output.decode())

JT
Last edit: 21 Mar 2021 11:54 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds