Retrofitting maho mh 1000t

More
18 Jan 2021 04:16 #195747 by Sourabh3
I have reading a lot of forums about maho retrofits. But i couldn't find enough information about how to check if the indramat 3trm2 and 1trm2 drives. They said that it can be done via using a battery with a pot or something like that. But here i am with no luck. It's a 4 axis cnc mill with rotary table. 1trm2 drives the rotary axis. Machine holds a 332 philips controller which i don't intend to use(doesn't work ). So can anyone share the schematics of wiring and tell me how can i check the drives and motors? Unfortunately i don't have manual for 1trm2 drive. If anyone can help that would be great.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 01:56 - 19 Jan 2021 01:57 #195859 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Retrofitting maho mh 1000t
I think you are going to need to find a manual, or at least some documentation.
Guessing which terminals are fault and enable, and which are the analogue velocity input is difficult otherwise.
In fact the first thing you need to know is if the drives are analogue voltage control. There are many other options.

I guess you found the 3trm2 manual ( www.docdroid.net/qwMiB7x/3trm2-manual-pdf is one source)

The irtm2 is likely to be broadly similar.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2021 01:57 by andypugh.

More
19 Jan 2021 05:16 #195870 by Sourabh3
Replied by Sourabh3 on topic Retrofitting maho mh 1000t
I have attached the 3 trm2 drive manual already, but i can't figure it out (newbie), all i could figure out was that it's analogous and needs 10v for rpm. On fhe the other hand 1trm2 is totally different. It doesn't have a JF slot for enabling the drive and has 3 tacho slots. I'm attaching the pictures of 1trm2. I just want to test these drives and motors to see if they work fine
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2021 08:38 #195872 by andypugh

I have attached the 3 trm2 drive manual already

The link in the first post seems to just bring up the photo. (Though the filename looks like that of the manual)

On fhe the other hand 1trm2 is totally different. It doesn't have a JF slot for enabling the drive and has 3 tacho slots. I'm attaching the pictures of 1trm2. I just want to test these drives and motors to see if they work fine

Well, to do that you would need to enable the drives and apply a small voltage to the analogue input pins.

But enabling the drives with a dead control might not be the easiest thing.

More
21 Jan 2021 22:05 - 21 Jan 2021 22:07 #196154 by RotarySMP
Do you have a set of wiring diagrams from Maho? This is essential for a newbie. Contact DMG, the drawing number reference is on the machine data plate.

Assuming that the Indramat is still correctly connected to functional motors, and the transformers. You will need to apply 24VDC to each of the enable pins JF and RF, and then a small voltage between Ex01/Ex02, to get motion.

The Indramats are pretty old. I pulled the control cards out of mine (they are pretty simple) and replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, figuring sooner later one would explode.
Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2021 22:07 by RotarySMP.

More
01 Feb 2021 04:54 #197278 by Sourabh3
I have plotted a final diagram of the circuit. Please let me know if this is correct. And will this diagram be enough to run the motor (for a test). Let me know if I'm missing something.
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2021 08:15 #197283 by RotarySMP
Make sure you release the brake first. You dont want the motor fighting the brake. Are you mechanically disconnecting the motor? If not make sure the axis is in the middle of travel, and start with the 1.5V switched off. You haven't drawn a switch on that 1.5V battery signal. . As soon as you turn this on, it is going to run at 15% of max speed towards an end, with no protection. My little 400E maxed out at 2500mm/min, so 15% is not super fast. The 1000T probably had much faster rapids, and therefore 15% speed could still be pretty scary if you go the wrong way and are near an end. It would be preferable to use a lab PSU which you can regulate down to 0V for that signal.
Mark

More
01 Feb 2021 08:25 - 01 Feb 2021 08:40 #197285 by Sourabh3
I removed the brake first, i have uncoupled the motor from the system. I just wanna see if the motor and drive are ok. But this circuit doesn't seem to work...the motor doesn't move at all. Can you point out the problem? I have connected the 1.5v battery with e101 and 102. Shorted the Bb1 and Bb2 with a small wire. But the motor isn't moving at all.and also there is no voltage across UL and 0VL on L6
..... But +15v terminal is working fine.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 08:40 by Sourabh3.

More
01 Feb 2021 08:40 #197286 by andypugh
Are U and V +ve and -ve referenced to PE? It seems a bit odd to have the motor connected to PE.

The drive is likely to fault out without the Tacho connected.

More
01 Feb 2021 08:41 #197287 by RotarySMP
I don't see anny error in you plan. Do you have an Indramat manual? I found one on the internet some where and could send you it if you dont already have one. It is too big to post here.
Mark

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds