Anilam with 7i97

More
07 Feb 2022 15:40 #234250 by Kylizer
Replied by Kylizer on topic Anilam with 7i97
    Im not sure that I am far along enough yet to be able to answer that. I am still in the middle of trying to figure out what everything is in pncconfig and plug as much in as I can. Now I did try to turn on an axis in the pnc setup but was not able to achieve this. Im sure im missing something though. After I get to a point where Im understanding thisI will check back on this post and update you 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2022 17:10 #234259 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Anilam with 7i97
I don't think you can get a 7i97 configuration from pncconf, in any case without any velocity input on the drive once powered the driver board will hold the servo in it's current position and you will not be able to turn it by hand or it will be very hard. If the drive is not enabled then you can turn the servo by hand easy.

JT

More
07 Feb 2022 17:16 #234260 by Kylizer
Ok Im glad you said something. I was kinda at a point of not knowing what to do next but ill check out the velociity feed and see where it might plug in too. Also I was using the pnc with a 7i92 x 7i77 with one 7i77

More
09 Feb 2022 23:59 #234444 by BigJohnT
That will create a configuration that thinks it's a 5i25 + 7i77 so no where close to what you need. First figure out the enable line...

JT

More
10 Feb 2022 00:05 #234445 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Anilam with 7i97
Yes, a 7I97 configuration is quite different. I would suggest starting with the basic7i97 configuration here:

File Attachment:

File Name: basic7i97_...2-09.zip
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT

More
10 Feb 2022 03:12 #234457 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Anilam with 7i97
How's your E-stop connected? Make sure it's wired so you stand a chance to kill power to the drives in case you get a runaway (as in configuring encoder backwards).
Some of the older Anilam drives enable on power up with a relay. Turn off when activating estop or a limit switch. Are you able to switch power on with the mesa hardware?

More
10 Feb 2022 18:14 #234498 by Kylizer
No I am not able to turn it on with the mesa hardware yet. I actually kind unhooked everything I had done to start over. I had so many wires in my cabinets I didnt need that made things way more complicated to me than they needed to be so I have take all of those out. Mostly the ones that ran to my console, which is where the estop was originally located. It looks like the old estop would kill power or kill a part of the servo control board. Now while I do plan to figure back in a new estop I could pronabnlyget away with not having it for now as I have a switch on the cabinet that I am arms length away from to kill power.
As far as finding out what my enable is, I decided instead of trying to hook it all up at once and hope its right I am going to slow down and do the hook ups one by one while checking things in my HAL file. I was just really far off track I believe but I watched a youtube video that Tommylight had and am going to take the approach he did. Thanks for all the help too seriously. This is all pretty much new to me. Im just a machinist you know trying to take the next step. Its going to get done though one way or another because I want it to happen. Im going to figure out all you guys have said and get back to you when I do

More
10 Feb 2022 23:53 - 10 Feb 2022 23:57 #234539 by BigJohnT
Sounds like your on track now, figure out one thing at a time and soon enough it will all come together. I've converted two CNC machines and built one from scratch and it's baby steps all the way. I actually built the CNC plasma cutter first with the Anilam 1100M still controlling my BP Knee mill. I remember how thrilled I was when the plasma actually moved under EMC2.

JT
Last edit: 10 Feb 2022 23:57 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kylizer

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds