7i96 Error finishing read.

More
25 Mar 2022 11:39 - 25 Mar 2022 11:40 #238325 by tommylight
Yes it is, the servo and read tmax are over 2 million !
You can set the servo period to 2.5 million, but it will drop to 400 iterations per second, still usable.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2022 11:40 by tommylight. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2022 09:45 #256493 by billykid
Replied by billykid on topic 7i96 Error finishing read.
After a long time I replaced the m93c46-rmn3tp / k ethernet chip at 7i80db now it works perfectly. out of curiosity I tried to read it with a programmer at room temperature and it was not detected. heated a little with hot air and here it is working! thanks PCW !!

More
12 Nov 2022 10:21 #256496 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic 7i96 Error finishing read.

After a long time I replaced the m93c46-rmn3tp / k ethernet chip at 7i80db now it works perfectly. out of curiosity I tried to read it with a programmer at room temperature and it was not detected. heated a little with hot air and here it is working! thanks PCW !!

Thanks for the update. Aside from your hardware issues, it seems the error finishing read is due to a yet unexplained issue with Debian kernels with Debian Bullseye and above (kernel 5.10 and higher) and realtek NICs (but it has been reported as affecting other NIC's. There is more discussion here forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/4691...error-finishing-read

As of today I think this is a Debian specific issue as I have got Linuxcnc working on Arch Linux and have not got any errors and ping times to the mesa ard have halved. I'll keep people in the loop on the other thread or the arch linux thread linked to on the thread above.

More
12 Nov 2022 15:36 #256508 by billykid
Replied by billykid on topic 7i96 Error finishing read.
The hardware problem is solved but it is very slow I had to put the servo at 500hz ... horrible. for now I don't need it, I replaced it with the 5i23 and I'm happy with the choice. I will follow the other discussion to see if there are any improvements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds