Does Mesa 5I24-25 would work on PCIe 2.0 x16

More
01 Jul 2022 12:28 #246356 by andypugh

11 Encoder Feedback ( 6 Velocity and 5 Position

I don't think that there is such a thing as a velocity encoder. 
There are tachometers, but they output an analogue voltage. (Mesa have a card for that)
Otherwise you get both  velocity and position from the same encoder, in the software. So you probably only need 6 encoder channels. 
Unless you are using motor encoders to close a velocity loop and then digital scales for position, in which case you have the count correct. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2022 12:32 #246357 by andypugh

Unless you are using motor encoders to close a velocity loop and then digital scales for position, in which case you have the count correct. 

Having googled the machine, I am now thinking that this is exactly what you mean. 

And I am wondering why you are bothering with an SFF computer on something that size? I would fit an ordinary (well, probably Min-ITX) motherboard directly in one of the control cabinets. 

More
01 Jul 2022 16:40 #246379 by yrsiddhapura
Sorry for making confusion for velocity encoder it is exactly what you said " using motor encoders to close a velocity loop and then digital scales for position, in which case you have the count correct."
I will get motor encoder count from drive as drive have functionality to provide it and will attach 4 linear encoder and on rotary encoder for positions feedback.

Well I have bought a Dell optiplex 7010 with i5 3rd gen(originally paln to use with ethernet based board 7i80hd-25 which is unavailable right now)  but I don't have any issues with what size of chassis it have coz like you said I have planed to take out mother board and install it in cabinet

But i have confused if I have to bought 5i24-25 which is PCI and pc I want to use is having PCIE only so and 6i24 also not available so using pci to PCIE adaptor will affect perfomance? 

More
03 Jul 2022 10:13 #246492 by andypugh
If you can find a PCI motherboard, that might be simpler.

But if it is all going to be sitting in a control cabinet so space isn't a problem, then you can try the adaptor. It should work, but I have had experience of a PCI to PCI right-angle adaptor that prevented the machine booting, and that was just changing the angle...
The following user(s) said Thank You: yrsiddhapura

More
04 Jul 2022 04:32 #246559 by yrsiddhapura
That's what i am afraid of using such adopter may cause performance issue luckily i find a mother board that supports PCI as well I5 3rd Gen processor now as you mentioned i have make it simple. Thank you.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds