Need help in choosing controller board from small honby cnc.

More
04 Jun 2024 14:23 #302315 by cakeslob
you can connect to machine power on using the halui pins. you might be able to do a hal thing to connect them both together. 
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halui.1.html

the encoder scale, thinking about it, setting the scale does nothing because its just counting pulses 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2024 19:38 - 04 Jun 2024 19:44 #302338 by amanker
I think I am disturbing you so much. Lol.
But thank you so much for your support.

Should use something else instead ofnet encoder-count <= remora.PV.0 => encoder.0.raw_count

Like... encoder.0.count?

Do remora internal estop has any pinout assignment? Like remora.estop etc?

Why LinuxCNC is so much over complecated? I am still struggling to build a fully working cnc.

I have tried to complie ethernet branch of remora for octopus pro v429. Accordingly for stm32f429. Its compiled successfully. 
Don't know how to wire it with W5500?
My w5500 module is like this.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2024 19:44 by amanker.

More
05 Jun 2024 00:21 #302350 by cakeslob
no, its cool. i like when other people are interested.

the hal pin that shows up, "encoder.0" isnt the same halpin as regular linuxcnc encoder. so it doesnt have the same options like encoder.N.counts. The remora PRUencoder is mainly for positional feedback from closed loop stepper motors

can you post your newest hal file? i cannot get the encoder through the float-s32 to work. I hooked up an mpg wheel so i can test with you, but i cant get it connected.
Are you trying to get it to count 1 pulse instead of 4? i dont know how we can do that yet in hal.

The remora estop is all in hardware, but triggers a controller estop so there must be some kind of pin. i will need to investigate, there are a few pins that seem to be connected to remoras estop signal to see if its status is estop. i think remora.SPI-enable/reset.status are linked to the estop status

"Why LinuxCNC is so much over complecated? I am still struggling to build a fully working cnc."

linuxcnc is hard, but you chose the hardest way to do it. a mesa card/paraport, this would be completed in much less time and struggle. because you are using remora, you are probably the first guy to do this configuration. i am learning new things a long with you, so it will be easier for the next person
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Jun 2024 01:04 #302352 by cakeslob
the 429 builds, but doesnt run. i copied stuff from grblhal, but they have an open issue about it, you know the one, so we both have the same issue. im gonna try and copy it from marlin instead

github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55...M32F429VGTX_FLASH.ld

but the pio config for the 429 i havent setup, and some of the pins are hard coded, so the one you compiled will go somewhere inconvenient. but if you are still gonna play with it, dont do it with hardware attached.

github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55...2/platformio.ini#L88

this needs to be configured a bit better for the spi,

github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55...b/bp2/Src/spi.c#L168
the spi pins

github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W55.../Inc/w5x00_spi.h#L18

this is where the cs pin is hardcoded

but im going to strongly recommend you just keep using the Rpi one, if you want to get your machine working. the ethernet one, you will probably need to lower your pru_freq, and there is no encoder or estop module, so you will need to use IO for that.

More
05 Jun 2024 06:40 #302363 by amanker
Here is link to correct ld script
Firmware/Marlin-bugfix-2.0.9.3.x/buildroot/share/PlatformIO/variants/MARLIN_F429ZG/ldscript.ld

github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-OCTOP...N_F429ZG/ldscript.ld

The script you have mentioned is also not working in grblhal.

I have changes to system_clock.c according v429 then compiled.

More
07 Jun 2024 07:36 #302512 by amanker
How I monitor status os Estop so that I can On/Off machine with hardware buttons.

More
08 Jun 2024 03:28 #302597 by cakeslob
The remora estop is all in hardware, but triggers a controller estop so there must be some kind of pin. i will need to investigate, there are a few pins that seem to be connected to remoras estop signal to see if its status is estop. i think remora.SPI-enable/reset.status are linked to the estop status

or you can copy something from flexi hal

github.com/cakeslob/remora-flexi-hal/blo...remora-flexi.hal#L72

More
08 Jun 2024 05:13 #302599 by amanker
I have already tested that flexihal config. Its also using some physical pin input for estop_latch.fault-in. 
I tried to use without that pin. Other logic remained the same.

More
08 Jun 2024 08:48 #302616 by amanker
Are you still working on Remora_eth for v429? Did you looked at ld.script link I have posted?

More
08 Jun 2024 18:49 #302642 by cakeslob
it seems we have a misunderstanding. , the mbed ethernet repo is not what we are using, because it was just a proof of concept

github.com/cakeslob/Remora-STM32F4xx-W5500/tree/f429

this is the repo we will use for remora ethernet fro the octopus

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds