Need help in choosing controller board from small honby cnc.

More
08 Jun 2024 19:23 #302643 by amanker
Initially encoder, PWM etc can be used via digital pins. As I was using. But please increase digital input. You can reduce digital output. Machine needs more input pins than output machine. 8 for endstop, 1 for probe, 1 for Estop. 2 encoder. 5 pins for axis selector, 2 for scale selector. Total 19 pins. If someone wants to use hold/resume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2024 04:57 #302660 by cakeslob
I dont think you can just reduce one for the other, but its also something I wouldnt know how to do anyways. which is why I keep suggesting to you, that the you should keep using the version you have now.

More
13 Jun 2024 20:01 #302967 by amanker
Help me out in physical Estop button on MPG controller. I want to use estop button so that I need not to press estop and machine enable button in GUI. I have made hal config so that when I press estop in GUI machine is also enabled. But I can't do it buy releasing estop on pendant.

I have 5 axis machine and don't plan to go for 6 axis. I want to use sixth axis select button on MPG for feed override using rotary.

One more question. Should I buy stlink adapter as seen in your ec500 video to flash EC500 or I can do this with USB to UART adaptor? How can I backup my original flash so that I can revert back of I need it. I have v5 version of EC500 with iMXrt 1052. 

It would be great if you and terje collaborate in making grblhal working on this board. Its easily available and have plenty of io with MPG and Ethernet. One use as LinuxCNC or grblhal. I think this board is much better and cheaper than other options available. Also with 600mhz cpu.

More
14 Jun 2024 13:41 #303008 by cakeslob

One more question. Should I buy stlink adapter as seen in your ec500 video to flash EC500 or I can do this with USB to UART adaptor? How can I backup my original flash so that I can revert back of I need it. I have v5 version of EC500 with iMXrt 1052.

It would be great if you and terje collaborate in making grblhal working on this board. Its easily available and have plenty of io with MPG and Ethernet. One use as LinuxCNC or grblhal. I think this board is much better and cheaper than other options available. Also with 600mhz cpu.

im not really involved with the rt1052 project, i just do techsupport sometimes. I dont think it is optional, you need the stlink.

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828...rd?start=1640#295702.

you can refer to this for flashing firmware etc,

More
15 Jun 2024 09:20 #303040 by andypugh

"I seen the official LinuxCNC image for RPI5 and its stated that its for SPI and Ethernet. So I bought rpi5. But after installing official image I found its not working. Later in forum I found SPI working was wrongly mentioned."

Sorry about that. I have updated the Downloads page to no longer claim that SPI works with the Pi5. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds