Bridgeport with Siemens amps and servos

More
15 Dec 2011 00:16 #15694 by BRoth
Hi all,

I have a Bridgeport with a 810 M Siemens controller and I would like to do an EMC retrofit. I would like to keep as much of the existing control as possible although I don't know if what I have is compatible. This is all new ground to me so if anyone can get me pointed the right way I would appreciate it.

The servo amps/drivers are:

6RB2 000-ONE00
6RB2 025-OFA01

I searched and haven't found any other info on them.

Servo:

176 V
2000 rpm
4.4 amps
.7 hp
Brushed

Encoder:

ROD 320.005
Imp. 2000 /U

www.encoder.com/literature/datasheet-dr735.pdf

The servo drivers have two wires powering the servo, three wires to the servo tachometer, and 3 wires from the controller itself. The encoders go directly to the controller.

The controller also connects to two relays for spindle forward and reverse, eight limit switches, jog handwheel, and emergency stop.

Possible? Or scrap the electronics and turn it into a manual machine?

Benjamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2011 01:25 #15696 by PCW
If those drives are +-10V analog drives (I would guess they are but don't know for sure)
and the drives and motors and motion mechanics are OK, then it should be a straight
forward retrofit

More
15 Dec 2011 11:37 #15699 by BigJohnT
Actually that sounds like a very straight forward conversion.

One well used and supported solution is Mesa 5i20 + 7i33 + 1 or 2 7i37's

One brand new solution is the 5i25 + 7i77. I have the 5i20 setup on my Hardinge CHNC and am swapping out my 5i20 on my plasma for a 5i25 (using the 5i20 on my BP mill).

Pico also has support for that setup and is supported on this forum but I'm not familiar with it.

Does the control work now?

John

More
16 Dec 2011 03:43 #15715 by BRoth
Thanks guys.

The controller works, it just has no PLC and parameters. So it's either write a new program for this one and have an old controller, or upgrade to something more modern. It has been frustrating to work with but I did manage to get position feedback displayed on the controller. I can't guarantee the amps are all working yet. The battery had 2004 written on it so it's been awhile since it ran.

Looking through some different Siemens manuals it could possibly use a 0-10v signal?

More
16 Dec 2011 11:14 #15728 by cncbasher
yes it will be 0 - 10v analog signal input . ( going by memory so i may be wrong it's pin 9 with pin 7 being the inverse input ( no used ) and pin 8 being analog ground )
theirs also an enable relay ( pins 1 & 3 ) i believe

at least gives you an idea of the direction to go , but check your boards it may variy slightly
if you can post a picture of the board , i should be able to confirm the pins and connections

More
16 Dec 2011 19:30 #15746 by BRoth
Here is a picture of the pins on mine.

Attachments:

More
16 Dec 2011 19:31 #15747 by BRoth
Attachments:

More
16 Dec 2011 19:32 #15748 by BRoth
And one of the whole unit.

Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2011 22:28 #15910 by robh
thoes are the same drives as mine and Johns CHNC

so check our johns info thread on his chnc info should be in there. if not let me know i have it some where marked down.

but mine no longer them nice shiny new AC servos now.. was upgraded version gen 1 that i have in the old hardinge superslants...

nice easy to set and tune them drives and get going..

what spindle drive do you have?

rob

More
20 Dec 2011 22:53 #15912 by BigJohnT
On my axis drives 14 - 56 are the +-10v velocity inputs to the drives. I forget exactly how I had to enable them atm.

John

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds