esab ultrarex retro fit plasma / flame cutter

More
15 May 2012 11:45 #20096 by BigJohnT
First thing I would do is eliminate as many possible wires as you can. Then try and trace back the ones you have left to see if you can discover what they do. Also the enable might be "on" and readable with a meter when jogging slow where the velocity input voltage would vary with speed.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 12:39 #20097 by jd896
Hi John

Yeah that controls given up entirely now so no jogging or anything now I did find the enable to be as I remember 10 volt I just carnt think where it was

From pin 1 they are as follows

0 volt
33 volt (servo power)
10+\-
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Pin 7 I think was the enable but there's a minus 13volt there
10+\-
Unknown
Clutch supply 24v dc
Earth

More
15 May 2012 13:06 #20098 by jd896
found this in my emails thins pcb had to be repaired conecter x17 and 18 go to the drives

File Attachment:

File Name: Nce500.pdf
File Size:266 KB
Attachments:

More
16 May 2012 14:47 #20145 by PCW
Does the capacitive sensor go to the board in the schematic? (unfortunately that schematic is pretty fuzzy especially signal names)

More
16 May 2012 21:27 - 16 May 2012 21:29 #20160 by jd896
Unfortunately no however I have found the activation wire for the hight control an wires to rase the tourch for clearance this will do for now I think I may just have to build a z axis could then maybe do a scriber atachemnt for it also but for now I really need to get this machine making money again on the upside u have the drive wiring sorted pin five was the enable an I have the x axis running needs tuneing now but I have also killed the y axis servo drive fiddling with the enable, wasn't being carful enough so that's gone for repair hopefully be back soon

Thanks guys getting excited again now I've seen movement once more
Last edit: 16 May 2012 21:29 by jd896.

More
24 May 2012 07:57 - 24 May 2012 07:57 #20316 by jd896
im still wating on the drive coming back however i carnt seam to get my limits showing properly i carnt seam to inver the input without an error what is the corect term (the limits are nc curcuit)

also when i try the calibration in axis i get the follwing error the basic config was done in pncconf and now im trying to hand edit this i have tried to invert the pins in pnc but it has no effect somehow

much thanks guys

File Attachment:

File Name: TUNING_LOG_.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 May 2012 07:57 by jd896.

More
24 May 2012 08:20 #20317 by cncbasher
to reverse the sense of the inputs add ' _not ' to the pin name for example ... hm2_5i20.0.gpio.036.in becomes when inverted hm2_5i20.0.gpio.036.in_not

you say you have the limits wired normaly closed .. is the switched connected to ground ? or to 5v ( they should be to ground )
mesa default interfaces is as i understand it pulls the inputs to 5v when switches are open , so you need to pull the switch to 0 volt when closed
if the switch is to 5v then operating the switch will have no effect . as the pin is already at 5v

More
24 May 2012 08:56 #20319 by jd896
thanks cncbasher just sorted it the input pins don't seam to got in the order i thought they did ended up watching all the pins on the card and just edited as needed also found the invert code just after i posted sods law

thanks tho does anybody have any clue about the error i get when trying to calibrate the log file above

More
24 May 2012 09:03 #20320 by jd896
can't read "ininamearray(0)": no such variable

this is the error i get when trying to calibrate also the boxes in the calibration window are blank/missing i.e. no hal values and names and such

as i said the first config was produced with pncconf am i better posting this problem the that section of the forum ?

thanks guys getting there slowly

More
24 May 2012 10:50 #20321 by cncbasher
i presume this is within the servo setup in pncconf ? , i believe this part may not be working , therefore you'll need to hand edit .

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds